Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Piece of the Net

I found this on a website as a way to start conversation with others at a Thanksgiving dinner to better know the people you are dining with. They were pretty interesting (this is not the entire list).

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
Scott Baio, Shawn Cassidy
What type of pets do you have?
One Dog – A bichon frise named Dickens (after the author)
What is your favorite color?
Purple and pink – can’t choose between them at the moment
What is most memorable about your high school years?
Turmoil. Never fitting in.
What word describes you best?
naive
What is your greatest accomplishment?
Finishing college at the age of 37; I also have 3 poems that have been published
What drives you every day?
My husband and nephew
What is your favorite food?
Mexican
Where do you want to retire?
Near an ocean
What is your business goal this year?
To find a full-time job with people I love to work with
Where do you like to vacation?
Near an ocean
Who do you admire?
My husband, my grandmother, my in-laws
What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
Loved me unconditionally
How do you want to be remembered?
As a kind, loving person
What would you do with a million dollars?
Pay off all bills including home and student loans; set aside money for each niece and nephew for college and after college; give some to friends; pay off the bills of family members; donate to a few charities; buy a bigger home and cars with all-wheel drive; visit places like Greece, Italy, Scotland, Hawaii, and Alaska; and possibly buy a vacation home near an ocean.
If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
My husband because it would be a romantic getaway and we have wonderful talks about all sorts of things. We never get bored of each other and love spending time together.
You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
That your life may not turn out the way you have it planned at this moment. I would give examples of what I had planned for my life, show things that happened that were not in my plan, and relate how life has a way of working out anyway sometimes better than you can imagine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to play!