Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm back...Did you miss me?

I missed blogging this week. I was in beautiful Florida soaking up some much needed relaxation. What!? No sun? Nope...didn't lay out at all. Hardly left the hotel room. I was lazy all damn week and loved EVERY minute of it. I took plenty of books, but only read 2 (much to my husband's dismay).

Daily routine...I'd get up around 7:45 with my husband and go down to breakfast (free). When he left for class around 8:30, I'd go back up to the room and go back to bed. :-) Talkin' about heaven. Most days, I stayed in bed until noon - yep...you read that right - noon. It was great. I didn't sleep the entire time, but it sure felt good to just lay there and know that there was nothing I HAD to do.

I would then get up and watch a movie on HBO, HBO2, or whatever they called the third Hobo channel. If I didn't get interested in a movie, I read. I loved it. I felt so relaxed. I've needed to do that for such a long time.

I'm not looking for a job this next week. I'm going to get the house in order (on the inside). My folks are coming down on Friday to pick up my grandparents. They'll be staying with us Friday and Saturday night. After working on the inside, I plan on getting the rooms moved around. We've been sleeping in one of the smaller bedrooms instead of the Master. We're planning on changing that and going back to the Master. There are things I need to do to get ready for that move including taking books off bookcases and painting both rooms. I would also like to paint the kitchen, and I have the paint for all these rooms already along with primer for the Master.

Then there are things I'd like to accomplish outside the house. I have a flower bed I need to clean out COMPLETELY. There are also weeds at the base of our trees that need to be pulled. We've got new columns that need to be primed and painted. We put a new light on the porch and the face plate needs to be painted. I want to get that done as well. The garage door needs to be painted. I have the paint for these projects, but need to purchase the primer. The final things that need to be done are 1) pull out the twig of a tree that isn't growing, 2) pick up the bricks that surround the remaining trees, 3) put pavers down in the flowerbed so nothing will grow there, 4) paint the trim of the house to match the new siding.

A lot to do, but stuff that really needs to be done. I need to get off my lazy ass and put it to work around the house before I start looking for a new job. At least, that's what I'd like to do. We'll have to wait and see what actually takes place.

No comments: