Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm a TV Junky

Yep, I said it. I finally admit that I LOVE the bube tube, the box with all the colored pictures. I hold the remote and will not give it up without a fight. I am in control of that little monster - maybe it's in control of me. That's what my husband would say. I can't help it. I grew up watching TV. That's what my family did. We watched TV from dinner to bedtime. Of course, my brother and I couldn't choose the program - that's why it's all me now (just guessing here).

I have cut back on the amount of TV I have been watching (at night). Now that I am home all the time, it is on during the day which is not a good thing. During the night, there are a few programs that I cannot miss, but for the most part, the TV is on just for noise.

The shows I can't miss? Well, thanks for asking. Let me share those with you. By the way, these shows I stop everything in order to watch and give it my full attention.

Monday - "Heroes" on NBC. I absolutely love this show. Tonight we find out the meaning of "Save the Cheerleader, save the world." This will be a pivotal episode. This show comes on at 8 for us. Before this, I usually watch "How I Met your Mother" and "The Class". These I mostly listen to while I'm doing other things.

Tuesday - "Dead Like Me" on SciFi. It's a morbid show, about a girl who has died and is turned into a grim reaper. Very interesting. Makes me kind of wish that I could live forever. I think I would prefer being a grim reaper as opposed to a vampire. I can't figure out why though. Both take life. Both live forever. I think I like the grim reaper idea because there are many ways in which people die and as a grim reaper, it would be a mystery to solve. How is this person going to die. As a vampire, every soul you take is taken the same way.

Thursday - "Survivor", "CSI", and "Shark" all on CBS from 7-9p.m. This is by far my favorite night of television. Do I really need to explain this? I didn't think so.

Ok, so those are my favorite shows. Now that NASCAR is over, this is the extent of my list. Yeah, I know. I'm a NASCAR junkie as well, but that's a post all in itself. Trust me.

So...what shows do you like to watch?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a TV junkie too!! That's all we used to do growing up and sometimes I feel a little guilty/lazy for how much I sit on the couch with the girls.

My favorites are similar to yours: Monday - Heroes, How I met your Mother. Tuesday - Gilmore Girls (I know, it's a sickness - but I like Dead Like me too and Tuesdays used to be Buffy). Wednesday - sometimes Lost but now... Thursday - the Office, Gray's Anatomy, ER, Friday - Las Vegas, Deal or no Deal, Sunday - Studio 60 and Family guy.

Wow, that's a lot of TV watching...