Sunday, November 19, 2006

Christmas Trivia

Found online somewhere and thought I would share.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa loves wrapping presents

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? None

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put up your decorations? I don’t unless my parents come to visit – last year, my tree was a piece of plastic I thumb tacked to the wall (with picture of tree). Before they came down, they decided they were going to leave BEFORE Christmas day, so why should I go to the trouble?

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Not sure, I love it all, and can’t pick just one

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Waking up really early with my brother and opening out stockings before my parents woke up (the only thing we could touch before Mom and Dad came out) . There was always an apple, orange, banana, nuts, a candy bar (from our school fundraisers), and a toy or two that were wrapped.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember a lot from my childhood before I was 8, but it was during that period that I found out. I couldn’t even tell you how I found out or if I asked. No clue. Sorry.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My husband and I pretty much open the gifts from each other as soon as we get them. When we have Christmas with my parents, we open them when we get together (usually the day after Thanksgiving or the Saturday after). When we are with his parents, we open them Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I don’t put up a tree

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Hate the ice that can come with it.

12. Can you ice skate? It’s been a long while, but yes (no twirls or jumps, though).

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a Sunshine Family Farm House. I played with it forever. It had a chicken that laid eggs when you pushed it down, parents, and 2 children.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip (NOT whipped cream)

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to my in-laws to see my nephew open his gifts (he’ll be 4 in Jan).

17. What tops your tree? Nothing! How many times do I have to tell you I don’t put up a tree? 

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? It’s always been about Receiving, but this year, I’m really looking forward to giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? “Tender Tennessee Christmas” and “It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas”

20. Candy Canes - yuck or yummy? Mostly yucky, but one once in a while isn’t bad. I actually like the cinnamon flavored ones best

I tag...Anyone who wants to do this.....please leave me a comment and let me know you played so I can check out your answers.

No comments: