Saturday, March 01, 2008

Walk Like an.....Elephant?

I must be a heavy walker. I don't know. My office is in a house and it always sounds like an elephant is walking around whenever I walk down the hallway. I've lost 31 pounds. You'd think I'd start to sound like a giraffe or something smaller than an elephant by now. Nope! Not the case. I guess I'll always be a heavy walker. Oh well.

I have been trying my best to get on my elliptical trainer (demonic machine) at least for a few minutes every day. I'm counting steps instead of minutes because it will be easier to push myself 25+ steps than to say I'll stay on for 5 more minutes. I'm doing pretty well for someone with arthritis and born without a hip socket. I was able to up my steps by 25 tonight and it's only been the 4th time I've been on the machine. WooHoo!

Hope y'all have a great rest of the weekend. Until later...

1 comment:

mama biscuit said...

My sister weighs 50 pounds soaking wet and walks like a herd of elephants!

Elliptical machines are the devil. Good job!