Friday, March 14, 2008

Arrested for Muscular Dystrophy

I will be arrested on April 30 to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Thankfully I have the opportunity to raise my bail money before my arrest. My bail is set at $1200.

Please don’t leave me in jail! :-) To put money toward my bail and to help fight muscular dystrophy, please visit this link. Every little bit helps and would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you’re having a great day. Thanks in advance for whatever you can contribute to this worthy cause.

TGIF!!!

By the way, I thought you'd like to know that my blood work from my physical last week came back. My cholesterol is 180. I am now in the normal range. WooHoo! I was borderline high last August. They said that my good cholesterol is high and my bad cholesterol is low (which is the way it should be). This all happened just by changing my eating habits. That's amazing! The doctor told me to keep doing what I'm doing because it's GREAT!! I just thought I'd let you know. I'm thinking about leaving this post up for a while so that it gets much attention. Jerry's Kids need all the help they can get.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Until later...

2 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

You are an inspiration!! I mean it. I could sit here in the first quiet moment of the day eating Hostess cupcakes, but I swing by your blog and hear your accomplishments and it reminds me that I have a goal (even if I'm too tired to remember it). Great Job!

Kari said...

MMMM! Hostess Cupcakes!!! :-)

You're so sweet. Thanks so much! I never think of myself as an inspiration to anyone. I'm just doing what I'm doing and keeping a journal of it. :-)

Occassionally, I get excited and that comes across. I still can't believe the difference I've made just by changing what I eat. Lord knows I haven't started exercising in ANY form or fashion. hahaha. It's just changing my eating habits, making healthier choices, and eating smaller portions.

So what if you have a bad day, week, month. In the long run (the rest of your life), those small time frames mean very little. Hang in there. Eventually, you will reach your goal. You just have to be ready to make the necessary changes. I think that's one thing that has made this pretty easy for me (for the most part). I was ready to make those changes for ME and no one else. I still have days, weeks, months that I fall back into unhealthy habits; but even in those times I find myself making healthier choices than I would have before (one cupcake instead of 2). ;-) It all counts!