Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where's a Remote When You Need One

At work, we've been having problems with our toilet. Because of this, we have been unable to use the faucets or bathroom in this house (our office is in a house). Thankfully, our House/Office is right next door to another, so we can go there to use the bathroom whenever needed.

They had jackhammers, a back hoe, who knows what else going today. They made all sorts of racket. When I got back from lunch today, it was the loudest it had been all day.

I started looking around my desk. I stopped to figure out what exactly I was looking for. It didn't take me long to realize that I was....Looking. For. A. Remote. Control. to turn down the noise. :-) I couldn't believe it. It's amazing the things you rely on without even realizing it.

In other news, I have found a new website that is very motivating in regards to allowing me to keep track of my eating, exercise, and a LOT of forums to get support in losing weight. Have you heard of SparkPeople? It's absolutely AMAZING! I found the site Wednesday morning and I can't seem to quit. As a matter of fact, because of this site, the goals I have set, and the fact that this site keeps me accountable in ways I NEVER imagined I have been on my elliptical trainer TWO. DAYS. IN A ROW! Can you believe it? I was shocked. All because I get points for reaching my goals each day. What good are the points? What are they good for? For me, they are worth a LOT because they motivate me to do what nothing else has been able to do. I exercised 2 days in a row. I am so excited about it.

I am going to keep up this blog even though I will be also blogging over there regarding my weight loss journey. I will also keep y'all updated over here. Please feel free to visit my SparkPage and leave notes or whatever you feel like doing. By the way, there are pictures over there. :-) Let me know if you have trouble seeing my SparkPage. I can't imagine that only SparkPeople members can see these pages so you'll have to let me know.

Wow! I didn't realize that I haven't blogged on here since Friday, I guess I have a bit to catch up on.

Things I'm thankful for this past week:
1. I LOST 1.6 pounds this past week. WooHoo! That takes my total weight loss to 31 pounds.
2. I'm glad that I found SparkPeople.
3. We went to 3 Predator games last week or was that the week before? My days are starting to run together.

Have a great rest of the week. Until later...

3 comments:

Manda Girl said...

Cool sparkpage! I hope you keep up blogging here too because I really enjoy hearing about your days.

Keep up the excellent work!

mama biscuit said...

Don't forget about us, we wub you!

Kat said...

31 pounds! Woohoo!!! That is fabulous! Way to go!