Sunday, March 09, 2008

Our Weekend...(Continued)

Yesterday, we thought we'd try a new restaurant (Pei Wei). We were NOT impressed. I don't know if it's because we're so spoiled with the way H's mom cooks or what, but we cannot find an Asian restaurant we like AT ALL if it isn't their restaurant. Right next door to Pei Wei is a bakery. We stopped in. BIG MISTAKE!!!

We bought 4 wedding cookies. They were soooo good. We also bought a mini carrot cake - my favorite, so I had to try it. It's amazing how sweet something is when you aren't used to it. I used to eat every bit of icing. I think I left half the icing on my plate this time (it could have just been because it wasn't cream cheese icing, but I left it all the same). This morning, I had a cinnamon roll we bought there. Now I know to only buy what I'm going to eat that day. I put the cinnamon roll in the microwave, but it was still dry. Now I know.

So, I really don't think I'll be losing weight this week. hahaha. Seriously! That's okay. I don't do this often and I know that I won't do this again anytime soon. One week won't kill me. It's one week out of my life journey. I'm okay with that.

I'm actually extremely surprised at how positive I've been taking these setbacks/circumstances. It seems as though I really have accepted this as a lifestyle change and with it being a lifestyle change, I know that one week or even one month is NOTHING compared to the rest of my life. Through these setbacks, I am learning. I'm learning what foods set me off, what feelings set me off, and I'm learning how to deal with those setbacks. I'm pretty impressed, surprised, and proud of myself for all of this.

Hope y'all have a great week. Until later…

No comments: