Monday, March 03, 2008

YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks so much for all your support during my weight loss journey. As I type this, I am 31 pounds lighter than I was on August 28, 2007 when this journey began. Hopefully, I am actually lighter than that but my weigh in isn’t until tomorrow afternoon and you know that I WILL keep you informed.

Through this process of losing weight and working on myself, I am realizing that I do tend to thrive on the comments, thoughts, support, and acceptance of others. I never realized the extent positive feedback was needed in my mind. I am really realizing that at work. I work in an office with 5 ladies and 1 man. Only one person in the whole office EVER mentions anything about my weight loss. I no longer even update the rest of them on my progress and usually only mention it to the one after she’s asked me or commented on how “skinny” I look. I still don’t think I look skinny, but I’ll take that compliment ANY day. I don’t expect to hear anything from the dude in our office. I understand that he could feel uncomfortable or that it could be construed incorrect. I understand that and actually respect him a bit more because of it. Maybe I’m giving him too much credit. Maybe he doesn’t even notice. LOL

Anyway, I would have thought that any of the other women would have at least said something by now. I’m also realizing that their not asking me to lunch has NOTHING to do with me being on Weight Watchers. I know this because one of the other women in my office has joined my Tuesday meeting, but they still ask her to go. She also doesn’t EVER talk about how things are going for her in regards to the program. I understand that this is definitely a personal issue, but since she doesn’t feel comfortable talking to me about it, I don’t want to go on and on about my progress. I’ll ask how she’s doing and she’ll say fine and leave it at that. I can deal with that. She never asks how I’m doing or if I had a rough weekend. Whatever! Maybe she isn’t really following the program and doesn’t want me to know that. I can handle that.

These situations have made me realize just how much YOU mean to me and my weight loss. I need acceptance. I need to be told that I’m doing a great job. I need to know that it makes a difference to someone BESIDES me. I guess that makes me a bit selfish, needy, and dependent; but I guess I just have to accept that part of myself as well as the rest. You guys (and gals) are GREAT! Thanks again for all the support and encouragement. I’ve needed that more than you’ll EVER know.

Until later...

4 comments:

Manda Girl said...

That's too bad that she doesn't see you as a support system but I guess it's a personal journey.

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting invited to lunch - I mean, you have us, what do you need them for!

Kari said...

Yeah, I'm really not worrying about the lunch thing much. I'm just thinking through things and realize that I have all the support I need in you guys, my weight watcher group, my husband, and my mom.

That's why y'all ROCK!!

mama biscuit said...

Blog friends are pretty damn cool. I don't know how I would have made it through my ordeal without you guys.

I'm very proud of you, you're an inspiration!

imbeingheldhostage said...

You are doing a great job!!! Holy cow, 31 pounds-- nothing to scoff at, my bloggy friend. And here's another viewpoint on those women at work. There's a lady I really like at my church. I only see her on Sundays. Lately, I've been wondering what's different about her-- new hair cut? new glow? New clothes? Well, apparently she's lost around 30 pounds. You see, I look at eyes. I spend vast quantities of time with someone and NOT noticeshe has a backside the size of texas until someone points it out to me. I'm too busy trying to hide my own I guess :-)
Congrats to you!