Saturday, March 08, 2008

Anniversary

Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of the day H and I took our wedding vows. Eleven years ago yesterday (also on a Friday), H and I went to the courthouse, got a marriage license, went to a justice of the peace, and got married...In.AN....APPLIANCE.STORE. That's right, you read me correctly. We got married by a justice of the peace in an appliance store. He offered us the gazebo across the street and I...TURNED...IT...DOWN~! Looking back now, I can't believe I did that. Obviously, when H and I got married, it didn't matter to me WHERE we got married. It only mattered WHO I married. We were married at the back counter by the cash register.

At least we have a VERY interesting story to tell. Too bad we have no children to tell the story to. I'll be sharing that story with K and K2 when they get older. For the whole story, read this post.

We spent the whole day together. I had a physical in the morning. H went with me. After that, we went out to breakfast. From there, we came home for about an hour then went to the theater. We saw Jumper. It was a pretty good movie. It had a sucky ending, but they left it open for a second installment. All in all, it was really good. From the movie, we went to our new outdoor mall. We went to Barnes and Noble and had an iced latte in the Starbucks and looked through a book or two. We ended up buying two books while we were there, Meditation for Dummies and Signing for Dummies. I've always wanted to learn meditation so I figured this book will help me. It also came with a CD with 10 guided meditations. The signing book we got because H and I would love to have a language we can "speak" to each other that others don't understand. He has this with his parents. Their native language is Laotian. I've known some sign language since I ws in junior high school. I've found myself wanting to say something to H when we've been out and it's been useless because he doesn't know the language. Now, we'll practice it together and it will be a lot of fun. Something we can do together.

After walking around the mall and buying the two books, we went to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. Their baby back ribs were amazing. They even gave us a free sundae because it was our anniversary. It was really good. It put tears in my eyes. I've been extremely emotional lately for some reason. Anyway, we had a great day. I can't believe we've been married for 11 years. It really doesn't seem like we've been together that long. We're really looking forward to the next 11 years together. Until later...

2 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

How sweet-- especially the comment about how the time has gone so fast. We've been married for 11 years and it feels like eons (snicker) I can say that here because the hubby doesn't know about you ;-) If he wasn't beckoning me to play Wii rght now, I'd follow your link-- but it has to wait until tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend with your honey!

Manda Girl said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I've had desserts that brought tears to my eyes ;)

Sounds like a delightful day. You will have to keep us updated on how you do with the meditation and signing