Monday, February 05, 2007

This weekend and beyond

I’ve been doing very well in sticking to my points available each day. I still haven’t gotten my lazy butt to the gym, but what can I say? I said it all with the words “lazy butt”. It’s also been extremely cold. I fight with arthritis, so sometimes cold and I just don’t get along.

We had a great weekend with K. He was so funny and so much fun. He loves me. What can I say? He followed me everywhere I went. He copied everything I did – the way I stood, what I said, even how I said it. It was hilarious. He now runs to me for hugs and Eskimo kisses (I call them rubbing noses and he gets a big kick out of it). He even had to sit next to me to eat and snuggled to my side both while sitting and while we were standing around. He’s mine I tell ya. His parents just don’t know it yet.

I found out yesterday that my brother and his family will be going to my parent’s house in May and/or June. They aren’t definite on the days yet, but I’m hoping to take off a Friday and Monday so we can see them. It’s been two years since we’ve seen them, and their youngest will probably not even remember us. She was barely one when they left and she just turned three this past December. My folks don’t have a lot of extra room at their house now that both Grandma and Grandpa live with them, so H and I will probably stay in a nearby hotel that weekend. It’s not a problem. With all the kids, we will probably enjoy a little peace and quiet to sleep. We did that once before and we really enjoyed it. It’s better than sleeping on my parent’s sofa which is where we were the last time we were all together. The kids are bigger now, so they need more room. It would be really hard for a family of 5 to sleep in one small bedroom. They also have to share one bathroom getting ready in the morning, and I’d really rather skip all that.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Hey - I was thinking about you today, wondering how life was going. It's amazing how busy things get and you blink and it's gone!

Glad to hear you will be able to see your brother and family, sounds like staying in a hotel is the best plan considering.

How's work going these days?