Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Not talking myself into anything

H seems to think that I keep saying how much I love my job because I'm trying to talk myself into liking it. This coming from a man who (besides the army) has only worked in 3 companies and in his third company, he works with a GREAT group of people. I've worked in more companies and more offices than I can count and haven't found the comraderie he has found so easily. He doesn't understand the frustration that comes from working with people you just don't enjoy being with or people that you just don't click with.

I have finally found that relationship with the people I work with. I can't help that I'm excited about it. Even on days that there isn't much to do, the day does not drag by slowly as one would expect. The days are flying by. I am truly enjoying the people I work with and I am in the exact job position I have been wanting for the past 20 years. WooHoo. I am an administrative assistant (fancy name for secretary), but it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Without secretaries, companies truly could not function. It just so happens that I LOVE secretarial work.

I keep saying that I love my job because I have finally found the right job in the right company with the right group of people for ME. It's a fantastic experience when you feel you are finally in the place you need to be and in the place that is perfect for you. I'm not trying to talk myself into liking my job. I'm just so excited that I've finally found a job I like with people I enjoy spending the day with. Color me happy. :-)

3 comments:

Manda Girl said...

Excellent!! I'm sure H is thinking that it might be too good to be true and maybe things will change - but your feelings could stay like this!! Working in so many different environments - you know how office politics can get and the crap that comes along with it. It's always best to remain distant from those things and makes going to work all the more enjoyable. You go Girl!

I'm a secretary too - a legal assistant (same thing) and I have always liked the tasks that come with the job. Nothing wrong with it - you're right the world needs us. It doesn't mean that we are less smart or educated or able to do something than someone in a "higher" position (I always tell people, lawyers aren't that smart)

Have a great day!

SymplyAmused said...

Coloring you with yellow! The color of happiness... oh wait, that's blue...nevermind. Congrats on still liking the job.

Kari said...

Manda,
It amazes me that some people think the secretary is stupid. Instead, people should realize that the secretary usually knows EVERYTHING that goes on in the office. Smart people know that if you want something done in the office, ask a secretary.
:-)

Symplyamused,
No matter what the color, I understand and appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.