Monday, February 26, 2007

A Sweet Memory

I made spaghetti for dinner tonight. Every time I make spaghetti, I think about the first time I made it for H almost 11 years ago.

I had some Italian Sausage in the freezer which I had never used in my spaghetti before. I put it in my sauce because I didn't want it to go to waste and continued to season my sauce as normal (I add garlic salt and all sorts of Italian seasonings). Keep in mind this was the first time I cooked anything for H. I wanted everything to be perfect.

He came over, I dished up dinner and we both bit into the spaghetti. I could NOT finish my dish. It was WAY TOO SALTY. I had no idea and I was so embarrassed (now, I taste my sauce many times while cooking it). I told H he didn't have to eat it and actually begged him not to eat it. I'd make something else. I let him know my spaghetti has never turned out that way before and told him why it did this time. Not only did he finish the bowl, he had seconds. How could I not love this man?

He told me later that night that he was going to tell me when he first came over that he judged a woman by the way she cooked. Now that I've cooked spaghetti for years and at no time have any of them turned out salty as heck, he realizes that I really do know how to cook spaghetti and it's one of his favorite meals.

Next week is our 10th anniversary. I'll tell you more about our first few months together as we get closer to next Wednesday.

No comments: