Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sing with me

I went back to work today...doo dah...doo dah. I had a great day. I still sound bad and not quite normal, but I felt great all day. I hope you all had a great Valentines Day yesterday. H sent a heart shaped box of my favorite candy to work - I got it when I went in today. It was fantastic. Since I wasn't feeling well last night, we went out for Mexican food tonight. I have been so blessed with him in my life.

I also found out that since I worked over 81 hours last month (even though I started work on the 16th), I accrued a full sick and a full annual (vacation) day. That's great, because with being sick and out of work these past four days, I'm gonna end up using most of the time I have acquired to date. The only time I now have remaining is my comp time from our meeting my first Saturday.

I have always loved Microsoft Office. I learned today how to mail merge to address labels. FANTASTIC! and EASY! Good thing, too, because with all the events we will be doing, it will be my job to mail merge letters and address labels for each one. I haven't had a big opportunity to use mail merge in the past, but I've used it about 3 times since starting this job. It is going to come in handy and be a life saver. I'm glad I catch on quick. My problem now is figuring out how I need to put paper and labels into my printer in order for them to print out correctly. I think I've got it figured out. Finally and after much trial and error. I wrote down the directions I need to remember in my day timer so I can look at it if I need to for the future. I'm no dummy. If I need instructions, I write them down so I know where to go in the future without having to ask a lot of questions.

Have a great day, y'all. Stay well.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better :) That's excellent about the time you have accrued - takes the pressure off having to have those days off to rest up.

I love mail merge too! What a lifesaver it has been!