Friday, February 09, 2007

Been sick all week.

I woke up not feeling well today. Actually, I’ve been fighting something for a little over a week now. I know that part of it is allergies, but it seems as though there is a part that is more than just allergies. I have taken my allergy medicine and sinus medicine, but I am still feeling crappy. H stayed home today from work. He’s been going through some of the same symptoms I have been experiencing. I am in my first 90 days, so I get to go to work and spread it around. :-) Kidding – but that’s how it feels. I could probably call in sick, but I don’t want to do that in my first three months. I guess I’m old fashioned that way.

So, I’m sitting at work feeling crappy. I feel warm all over. It actually feels pretty good to go outside. It’s 31 degrees F out there, but it feels sooooo good. I probably have a fever. My throat is sore. My body is achy. Yep, not feeling good. I have turned the heat down in the office to 69 degrees. I may turn it down to 68 if this doesn’t cool me off or I might just turn on my ceiling fan.

So, I wrote the above two days ago. I called in sick this morning because I have not been feeling any better, there is a pregnant woman at work, and I really don’t want to spread this around. I just want to feel better.

Work is going great. We had a baby shower for the pregnant girl yesterday. I realized that I am not good in social settings where I don’t know people. I’m fine with the few people that I work with every day, but when there is a big crowd of people that I don’t know, I turn shy and introverted and I tend to hang out around the edges. I’m okay with that. Once I get to know these people, I will feel more comfortable and not have problem. I’m just shy to start with which is really weird because those that know me will tell you that I’m extroverted. I am with them. I know them. I feel comfortable with them.

Anyway, it’s been a rough week with whatever this sickness is. I’ve been struggling at work (I don’t think it showed). I’ve also come home each night and cuddled on the couch with a blanket not budging. I hate being sick. I’m gonna have to suck it up in a bit and go to the store in order to pick up more orange juice, vitamin C, cough syrup, and cough drops (and maybe a book). The problem with that is I just don’t feel like moving. I’m currently sitting on my couch in track pants, a t-shirt, and a thick robe (and I’m still cold). This is going to be a rough day. I’m glad I’m at home. Oh yeah, I have the dog laying right next to me (as close as he can get to me). If he were any closer, he’d be in my lap. Crazy dog.

I have reserved a hotel room for the weekend that my brother and his family will be at my parent’s house. I’m looking forward to it. I know that the hotel is going to work out great for us. It has in the past when G and his family were in town. We get a great night’s sleep without worrying that anyone is going to wake us up, that we’re going to wake anyone up, and without having to put on clothes to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in case we bump into anyone. Good for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You may want to post about this over at the allergy forum http://forum.theallergyforum.co.uk

Thanks

Jon