Monday, February 19, 2007

I just messed up

I just blogged a response on M's blog about her family and didn't change my sign on information. I normally post under another name on that site just so I can keep this blog private (from family) so that I will feel free to express my thoughts and feelings. I'm hoping they don't notice that the sign on I used today is different than the rest. Oh well, I can't go back and delete it now (I already tried).

Well, I guess if they follow the link, they will learn more about me than they ever really wanted to know. Then again, maybe now they will see how I feel about everything that's been going on in my life. It could be a good thing. It could be a bad thing. Only time will tell.

Work is going well. I talked with my boss today to find out where my place is in this organization. I found out that the lady out on maternity leave is my immediate supervisor. That's an important thing to know. I also found out that I am not the office secretary. I am an administrative assistant and it is my main concern to take reservations for the events that go on, get profiles of those attending (how much they've given, where are they from, what activities were they a part of, etc), get letters together for reminders, do thank-you notes after each event, and things of that nature. I will be using mail-merge a lot (woohoo), but it is not my responsibility to mail-merge letters from anyone else in the office.

It is their responsibility to take care of their own stuff. I will be busy once we start getting the ball rolling on our events this year. So, one day in the next few weeks (once the lady on maternity leave returns) we will be having a meeting in regards to roles of the personnel in the office since there are three of us that are new and the one on maternity leave has been gone since the first new member was hired. Right now, there is one person that seems to think I am there to be his/her own secretary. I guess this person isn't used to actually doing the work involved. This person is used to having a secretary that will mail merge, find addresses, and pull information from the internet instead of doing it themselves. In for a BIG shock because I'm all for doing my job and pitching in when I can to help others, but I am not for doing the job someone else should be doing all the time. :-)

Aren't you glad to know all that?

No comments: