Saturday, February 10, 2007

Still sick and other random thoughts

I noticed that some of my links on the right are no longer working. I will change those next week for you. I was going to do it yesterday, but I just wasn't feeling well. Typing this is all I can do at the moment. I'm still feeling crappy. My whole body feels very heavy at the moment but when I move, my head feels woozy and light like I"m going to pass out. Needless to say, I'm not moving much.

I just realized that I didn't weigh yesterday. It's almost noon, so I'll weigh tomorrow. Things have been going well. I've been doing a good job watching what I eat. We had a staff photo yesterday. I can't believe how big I look. When I look in the mirror, I don't look that big, so when I see a photo of myself, I'm really shocked. I just don't see it. I think it's so weird, but it's not that I'm not admitting it to myself. I just really don't see it. I guess I have a good self-image (which in itself seems extremely strange for me) What a shocker. A good shocker, but a shock non the less.

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be going this week to get H signed up to use the rec center at work and I'll probably start working out the following week. I'll probably go next weekend and get one or two sets of workout clothes. I'm looking forward to the low impact aerobics and yoga. Since I'm not going to the WW meetings, I can go to the yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I really need to kick my butt into gear int he exercise department. I REALLY need to start working out. I hate exercise, but I know it's a necessary part of weight loss. I think the first few weeks, I will only do the aerobics class until I get used to it before adding in the yoga. I am looking more forward to the yoga class, so I know that is a good thing to strive for and I don't want to over extend myself and get to where I hate working out. I actually want to get to the place that I enjoy and look forward to working out.

I've realized that I don't have major issues with food as a lot of overweight people. I do not sneak food; I do not go to bed thinking about food or what I'm going to eat the next day; I do not gorge myself. Hell, I have a hard time remembering to eat sometimes. I think my biggest problem is that I used to be very active and now I have become very sedentary. I'm kind of looking forward to working out. I think it is going to be the BIG deal that helps me lose weight and helps me keep it off. I just need to feel better so I can actually attend the classes.

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

I hope you are feelings better soon - it's never fun when you are sick. Don't worry too much about being active when you are still fighting a cold though - it may put you back a step or two.

Have a great weekend and get some rest!