Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I lied...oops

I said in an earlier post that I do not go to bed thinking about food. Well, last night I did. In a way, it's a good thing since I have not been eating or wanting food since last Friday. Food just doesn't taste right to me when I'm sick and as I said yesterday, I choose not to eat too much because I'd rather have dry heaves. Anyway...when I start feeling better, I usually want Mexican food. I know that sounds strange, but I don't eat spicy food, so the Mexican food I eat isn't spicy. I even have Taco Bell keep the sauce off their mexican pizza (it's pretty bland to most people, but I love the flavors this way). Last night, I wasn't thinking Taco Bell. I was thinking Camino Real. I was thinking of two tacos, an order of cheese dip, and an order of guacamole dip. YUMM!

Dinner last night didn't taste normal, but it was the closest thing I've come to normal tasting food in a week. So I was pretty excited. Even ice cream doesn't have the normal flavors or appeal.

Too bad it's snowing outside or I would go to Camino for lunch today - well, I'd bring it home. I don't like eating in restaurants alone. I'm thinking about eating healthier for lunch during the week instead of picking up a burger or something quick to nap in my car the remainder of lunch. I'm thinking of getting a plain baked potatoe (or maybe with broccoli - no cheese) at Wendy's with a side salad (low-fat or vinagerette dressing). That's pretty healthy, and I can read a book while eating.

I really want to get back into reading. It's been a while since I have read just for my pleasure (because of school). I've recently started Dan Brown's The Davinci Code and Teri Hatcher's Burnt Toast. The Davinci Code is much more in depth than the movie and I think I'm only on chapter 2. Even the clues they follow at the beginning of the movie are different than those in the book. I finished reading Brown's Angels and Demons about a month or so ago. Very interesting book. It is actually the prequel to The Davinci Code so I thought I would read it before The Davinci Code even though I've already seen the movie made from that book. Teri Hatcher's book is very interesting. It's a book I could have written. I'm almost half-way through it. It's nice to know that celebrities go through the same insecurities I face in my life. Very eye opening and a pretty easy read.

Poor K. He's been sick this past weekend, too, even though we stayed away from them this past weekend because we didn't want him or his pregnant mom to get sick. He told his grandma that we were sick, but she didn't believe him until his dad told her. Poor kid. Grandma thought he was lying. Then again, this is the kid that will pass gas then blame it on anyone around him while he's laughing his head off. :-) Cutie! He's also started calling family members a "redneck" in Laotian. It's hillarious. He says that he's "cibilize" (civilized). He just cracks me up. I don't know where he picks this stuff up, but he's adorable.

No comments: