Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm sick

As I said before, I have been fighting off something for the past two weeks. As of Friday, I got the wind knocked out of my sails. I have been out of work since Friday. As I type this, I have a fever and am sweating up a storm, but I am only wearing a t shirt and a cotton shift. That's it. I'm burning up.

This is the first time since Friday that I have touched a computer - aren't you excited that I chose these rare few minutes to write to you? I've missed you, my online family. I still haven't fixed the links to the right. I just don't have the energy to go through all that right now. I'm sorry. When I'm feeling better, that will be one of the first things I do. I promise you.

I went to work today because I felt that I needed to. I'm still in my first 90 days of work. Hell, I'm still in my first 40 days of work and I'm unsure how they feel about people being sick and taking time out in their first few months of work. I talked with my boss and she asked if I went to the doctor. I was honest and told her that I didn't. I hate going to the doctor. I'd much rather go to the dentist than the doctor. Honestly! That's how much I hate the doctor even though I love my doctor. I actually see the doctor's assistant in my office. She is great and I just feel more comfortable seeing a woman than a man. I told my boss that I didn't feel like getting dressed and out of the house to do anything let alone sit in a doctor's office for 2 hours. She told me to call and make an appointment today. I did. So I left the office and she said that we will figure out my sick time and annual leave when I get back.

So...who knows what the heck I have, but it has turned into a major infection in my chest and sinus cavities. I have fluid in both ears (the left more than the right) which is causing my dizziness. The rest of it - the diarrhea, sore throat, fever, and others I can't think of at the moment - is from a major funk going around our area. At least my nauseousness (I know I spelled it wrong, but my brain isn't working properly at the moment) didn't turn into my actually puking. That would be BAD! I'd rather not eat and have dry heaves than actually lose the contents of my stomach. Gross I know (and I'm sorry) but it's the truth. I know this is all more than you ever wanted to know about me.

At least I started out at work today. I feel that I've at least made the effort and shown them that I am not ditching or that I don't want to be there. The doctor gave me 3 prescriptions (two of which I only take once a day). I am not expecting a miracle cure and to be healed in time to go to work tomorrow, but I am hoping to go to work on Thursday. Is that still wishing for a miracle? I'm glad things are slow at work and that there really isn't much for me to do at the moment. At least my desk isn't piling up and they aren't wishing they had hired someone else. :-)

I'm outta here. I'm still working on my weight. I haven't forgotten about it. I really need to start working out. I really think that's the only way I'm going to lose weight because I really don't eat a lot. I just don't move a lot either. It's just sad. I also need to start dressing the body that I have instead of trying to hide it. I guess I've come to these realizations while sick. I've had nothing else to do these past few days. I haven't felt like getting on the computer or doing anything else around the house. I've been lucky to move from the bed to the sofa in the living room. Gotta get off my butt more. That is what I'm working on next (once I feel better).

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad. That's never any good and can take so much out of you. I hate going to the dr. too - but I hate the dentist more :P

Get better and drink lots of fluids. Hugs to you!