Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Hump Day!!!

It's Wednesday and I actually remembered. WooHoo! Aren't you proud of me? I'm proud of me.

So, the things I'm thankful for this week:
1. I lost another 1.6 pounds this week
2. My total weight loss is now...30 pounds!
3. I was able this past week to take off 2 pair of pants without undoing the button or the zipper (size 16 and a new pair of 14s). Woohoo!
4. I have a wonderful man in my life - hold your horses, it's my husband. We had another rough day today, but we're good and I'm thankful that I have him in my life even when we do have rough patches every once in a while.
5. The rough patches H and I have are fleeting and very rare. It's surprising, but the two spats we've had this past year is the most we've actually had in years.
6. I'm realizing just how strong I really am.
7. I found faith this week in my ability to lose down to the goal weight* I really want to be.


So, those are the things I'm thankful for this week.


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. H and I exchanged gifts tonight. After the day we had today, we really needed it. H got me a white gold ring with my birthstone (blue topaz) in the shape of a heart. Actually, I don't like heart shapes, but it's the thought that counts and I love the shade of my birthstone that he bought (London Blue - it's my favorite). Every time he buys me a piece of jewelry with a stone in it, it's always heart-shaped. How do you tell the man you love that you really don't like heart shapes and would prefer any other shape? I'm terrible. I know it. I just can't help it. I'm not a girly girl and never have been. As I'm writing this, I just thought of two reasons why he always buys heart-shapes**. 1) he sees me as a girly girl 2) It's his way of showing me that he loves me. Hmmm. I think I'm going to change my mind about heart-shaped jewelry. I love that those are his reasons. Why did I not realize this before?

Anyway, I got H a Mr. Beer Home Brewery Kit. He seemed really excited about it. He's mentioned that he's always wanted to try brewing his own beer. Now's his chance. I listened to him. He's really looking forward to trying it out.


*I have my personal weight goal (and the goal for my tracker below) currently set at 148 pounds. In order to be considered for Lifetime status at Weight Watchers, I cannot have this goal weight unless I can get a letter from my doctor stating that is a healthy weight for me. This goal weight is actually a high probability because I will most likely be in a size 8 or 10 when I reach that weight. According to Weight Watcher's materials, I have to set my goal weight no higher than 135 until I reach age 45 where I can add 6 pounds (I'll be 40 at the end of this year, so that's out at the moment). Until yesterday, I didn't think I could hit the 148 mark let alone set my goal lower. As of yesterday (since losing 30 pounds), I have realized that I can probably get down to 135. I just don't know that I WANT to. I am going to keep my goal at 148 and see what my doctor says next time I go in to see her. I don't have to be stick thin. I like that I have a curvy body. I don't want to lose my curves. H loves my curves. Anyway, so those are my current thoughts on that issue.

**I asked H why he always buys me heart-shaped jewelry and he confirmed that it's because he loves me and he wants me to know it every time I look at the piece. Yep! Definitely liking heart shapes now (what they stand for anyway).

Have a VERY Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. Have a great week!

Until later...

3 comments:

Manda Girl said...

Congrats on reaching 30!!!!! Glad things turned out good today ;)

Trudi said...

You are inspiring me to get on the wagon and be serious about what I eat. Congrats for losing 30lbs! It is absolutely wonderful.

I am glad that you were able to change your view on heart shaped gifts from the hubby :)

mama biscuit said...

YaY. Congratulations!!!!