Monday, February 18, 2008

All the Cool Kids are Doing it

100 random facts about me:

1. I grew up in Southern California

2. I was born in Redondo Beach, CA

3. I lived quite a few years in Long Beach, CA

4. I never learned how to swim

5. I am actually afraid of water

6. I freak out when water gets in my ears and/or nose

7. ...even in the shower

8. ...or when at the hairdresser

9. I was a cheerleader in high school

10. I was MVP on our high school volleyball team 2 years in a row

11. I went to public school for only 3 1/2 years (kindergarten, first grade, last half of third, and fourth)

12. ...In those years, I went back and forth to 3 different schools four times

13. From fifth through my senior year of high school, I went to 6 different schools

14. I took guitar lessons for the first half of third grade

15. I took piano lessons off and on for 7 years

16. Last year, I gave away my piano

17. The piano I had since 5th grade

18. I gave it to a little girl who wanted to take piano lessons, but had no access to a piano

19. I am a TV junkie

20. I’ll watch just about anything on TV (ask H)

21. I’m a nerd (read “book whore”)

22. I’ve always wanted to have a room in my house designated as a “library”

23. H wants me to sell the majority of my books

24. I’d get rid of my shoes, jewelry, and make-up before I give up my books

25. I’m lazy

26. ...and I enjoy it

27. I have never been a girly girl

28. I’ve often wanted to be a girly girl

29. ...because I thought that was what was expected of me

30. I suffer from migraines

31. I am allergic to just about every known airborne allergen (including cigarette smoke, all tree pollens, grass, dust, pet dander, mold, etc.)

32. The only thing I’ve ever tried smoking was a cigar

33. H and I got married in an appliance store

34. We were offered the beautiful gazebo across the street for our wedding

35. I declined

36. We were married at the back counter next to the cash register (seriously)

37. We went to Tunica to gamble that weekend

38. We didn’t have a “honeymoon” trip until a year later

39. We went to Florida

40. The soles of my feet is the only place I am ticklish

41. I won’t stick my hand in the garbage disposal

42. I won’t kill any insect or bug except a spider

43. All others have to be killed by H

44. I love the smell of Sharpies in the morning (kidding about the morning part, but I do love the smell of sharpies)

45. The majority of my best friends growing up were guys

46. I’ve always gotten along better with guys than I have with girls

47. I think girls are too catty and bitchy

48. I really hate working in an all female office (right now, there’s only one guy in our office and I get along best with him and the 60-something year old woman)

49. I’ve always connected more with people younger or older than myself

50. I’ve never really connected with people my own age

51. I enjoy doing online memes and quizzes (sucks for you, I know. Sorry)

52. I always wanted to be a mom growing up

53. I’ve always been afraid I’d be a terrible mom

54. I was afraid I would be just like my own mother

55. I love living close to my niece and nephew (on H’s side)

56. I think of them as my own children

57. I love sports (even more than H)

58. ...any sports

59. ...even if all I can do is watch it on TV

60. I think hockey is MUCH better in person

61. I think NASCAR is MUCH better on TV (I can hear the commentators and watch my guy all around the track instead of just waiting for the drivers to come in front of the grandstand)

62. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 27

63. I didn’t wear pants until I was 25

64. I didn’t drink alcohol until I was 28

65. Much to H’s dismay, I have a pretty melancholy personality

66. I struggle occasionally with depression

67. I am on medication for the depression and anxiety

68. Being on the medication shows me what normal is supposed feel like

69. I have always been in a crowd of people, but have felt extremely alone

70. I love my blog and the people I have met through my blog and those I read

71. I don’t feel as alone

72. H and I play World of Warcraft

73. I got into it to play with him so I wouldn’t feel left out while he played each night

74. My favorite perfume is Euphoria by Calvin Klein

75. I wear it every day (5 squirts)

76. I have been complimented many times for my singing

77. As a teenager, I dreamed of making a tape of my singing (now it would be a DVD)

78. I love to sing

79. I’ve had music teachers tell me I have a great ear

80. I can always tell when I (or anyone else) am off key

81. I hate that my brother and I aren’t as close as we used to be

82. I hate that he has moved his family back to CA

83. I hate that I hardly ever see his two boys and little girl

84. I hate that my parents and brother are judgmental and narrow-minded

85. I’m surprised I’ve been able to come up with 82 random facts about myself

86. I hate the fact that there are so many religions and denominations in the world

87. I hate using such a strong word as “hate” (I’ve used it 6 times so far in this list)

88. I was a virgin when I met H at the age of 27

89. I feel very blessed to have H in my life

90. I feel extremely blessed to have H’s family in my life

91. Sometimes I wish I would have been born into their family instead of mine (is that really bad to say?)

92. Bad drivers drive me NUTS

93. People that don’t know how to merge drive me absolutely bananas

94. H got me addicted to Starbuck’s coffee

95. My favorite ice cream is Breyer’s Mint Chocolate Chip

96. I love secretarial work

97. I can’t stand to be bored

98. I can read a book more than once without getting bored with it

99. I can watch a movie more than once without getting bored with it

100. I always hit my snooze button at least twice each morning.

Have a great week.
Until later...

4 comments:

Trudi said...

Impressive!!! I do not think that I could come up with all 100 random facts about myself. I should try... Thanks for letting us get to know a little more about you!

mama biscuit said...

Ooooo, I'm so excited you did a list! Ummm, why didn't you wear pants until you were 25?

I can also read the same books more than once. I have a stack of favorites that I've read several times each.

Anonymous said...

100 things? I had trouble and came up with like 75

Kat said...

Wow! Great job! I am supposed to do this soon too, but I don't know if I have it in me.