Sunday, February 10, 2008

Book Meme

Here's a new meme that hit me via Contemplator at Dante's Virgil.

Here’s the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I have just started reading a new book. I'm still in the first chapter. So, on with the meme. On page 123 of Dave Egger's A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, after the fifth sentence, the next three lines are as follows:

1. "I have donated to t he couple from the women's shelter, and to that little boy from the youth group, to the woman from the Green Party, the kids from the Boys Club, the pair of solemn teenagers from SANE/FREEZE."
2. "The Berkeley-ness of Berkeley, so charming at first, is getting old."
3. "The bell rings."

I am tagging these five people because I love reading their blogs and I'm curious to know if we have the same taste in reading material. I'm also looking for new reading material (always on my to do list) and thought your books might be just what I'm looking for. :-) The five people I am tagging for this are:

1. Kristin at Formerly Known as "Anonymous Army Wife" (a book for class counts) :-)
2. I Eat Snowman Poop (I thought bedrest may cause you to slow down and pick up a book)
3. Manda at I Know, Right
4. TysGirl at Nucking Futs (Hmmm, something about DoorKnobs, maybe?) hahaha!
5. RaJ from Radioactive Jam (I have a feeling your choice is going to make me laugh)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

My book is out in the car so I will get on this tomorrow.

contemplator said...

Thanks for playing!

Bill C said...

I'll take up the challenge! ... Soon.
:-)