Saturday, February 02, 2008

Some Crossing Guards SUCK!!!!

Some crossing guards SUCK! That’s right, I said it (TWICE). I’ve said before that I am a very speed-conscious driver. I don’t speed, intentionally. When I notice that I’m speeding, I slow down to the speed limit. End of story. Every time. Honestly!

Keeping all of that in mind, Thursday the crossing guard was waving her arms at me to slow down. I immediately looked at my speedometer to see how fast I was going. Yeah, um, I was going 15 or 16 miles an hour (17 tops only because it is extremely hard to stay at one speed for any length of time). I slowed to where my speedometer read 14 mph. She’s still waving at me to slow. She backed me down to 10 mph. Bitch!

Normally, I avoid any and all confrontations. Thursday, I pulled up to her and I stopped. Not only did I stop, I rolled down my window and asked her, “It’s 15 mph, right?” She said that it was so I told her that’s what my speedometer read. The bitch had the NERVE to tell me, “Usually when people argue with a crossing guard it’s because they’re in the wrong.” First of all, I didn’t argue. I asked a simple question because I wanted clarification. So...asking a question is considered arguing? That’s interesting.

I wave to this bitch EVERY DAMN DAY when I pass her and she smiles and waves back. I’ve been driving the SAME speed EVERY DAMN DAY and Thursday she slows me down by 5 mph. After her little statement, I told her that my speedometer had me at 15. She said, “Well, it starts way back there.” I told her I was aware of that and that I was at 15 just a few feet past the flashing lights. She backtracked a bit and said, “Well, sometimes it’s not just about speed. Sometimes I see a child that’s about to run out in the street.” I told her that I could understand that, told her to have a nice day, and I drove off (at 15 mph). By the way, there were NO CHILDREN anywhere around when she told me to slow down, when I got to her, or when I passed her.

If you were behind me while I talked with the crossing guard, I’m sorry I held you up and slowed your commute. I guess Thursday was the last straw from people telling me to slow down when I DON’T SPEED. I can show them speeding. I LOVE driving fast. Put me on Interstate 840 and I can be driving 90 mph without even realizing it.

I think I’m the kind of person that holds onto EVERYTHING. Why, you ask? Because I’m still pissed at this bitch. Even though I forgot about the incident for the remainder of Thursday and Thursday night. I absolutely HATED driving past her Friday morning (and yes, I waved and smiled as I do every morning), but once I got past her, I flipped her off (my hand carefully/securely tucked under the steering wheel so no one but me saw it). Yep! I felt a bit better, but when I wrote this early Friday afternoon I found that I was still seething over this. Hopefully, I’ll be over it by Monday. Wish me luck!

I just realized that I haven't updated you all on my weigh in this week. No change! I didn't gain, but I didn't lose either. Oh well. With everything that's been going on for the past two weeks with doctor appointments and my stressing over it, I can live with that. I know what I've eaten for those two weeks and trust me when I say, I'm shocked that I didn't gain. Even H said he thought I would gain at least one pound this week. God I LOVE proving that man wrong. hahaha

Until later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, very odd. Perhaps she was having a bad day. I greet the crossing guard every day too but that whistle drives me nuts.
Cheers

mama biscuit said...

LOL. I read this post within my bloglines notifier thingy before clicking on it and actually coming here.

For some reason, I had myself convinced I was reading a post from Trudi- who never swears. I couldn't believe how many times she let the word Bitch fly. Then when I got to the weigh in stuff I knew it was you....and all was right with the world again.

Perhaps someone pissed in the crossing guards cornflakes!

Kari said...

Maddie, Thankfully, this crossing guard doesn't have a whistle. Instead, she has a radio on her shoulder (which I assume links up to the police department since she actually wears a police uniform).

TysGirl, I'm so glad that all is right in your world. hahaha After Thursday, I wish I were the one that pissed in her cornflakes. They better leave her alone, because I'm driving by her tomorrow, too. :-)

imbeingheldhostage said...

So funny. I guess we all have our limits. I really let a pizza guy have it the other day, after I beat the heck out of my breadsticks in the car... long story.