Wednesday, January 30, 2008

TGIF!!!

Remember when I asked you to list the things you would do if you had: 7 years, 7 months, 7 weeks, 7 days, and 7 minutes to live?

I realized yesterday after visiting Amanda's blog (dated 1/24), that I had forgotten to write my list.

So...here is the list of things I would do if my time were running out:
7 years to live – I’d write a letter to each member of my family letting them know how much they mean to me. I’d learn how to swim. I’d take art/pottery/photography classes. I’d like to take the Richard Petty challenge and drive a racecar. I’d read EVERY book I own and find someone to pass them to that loves books/reading as much as I do.

7 months to live – visit all the places I always wanted to see. I’d love to see the following: Great Wall of China, Niagara Falls, Australia, Paris, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Greece. I’d stay at each of these places for a month!

7 weeks to live – Stay someplace on a coast so I can see the ocean every morning and every night.

7 days to live – spend each day with K, K2, H, Dickens, and H’s family. Watch the sunset each night and the sunrise each morning. Spend time at night just looking at the moon (it’s my favorite for some reason)

7 minutes to live – Color my hair a bright pink, blue or purple.

You know what this tells me? This list tells me the things I need to be doing now (especially since no one knows how long they really have on this earth).

2 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

yikes. I took the challenge to do this, went to sleep and woke up with a new canvas. I will do this instead of my Scrolling Saturday (since my blog is so new, not a lot of scrolling can be done!)
I have lots of ocean over here if you need to tick off any of these things! :-) Happy weekend.

suchsimplepleasures said...

that is a great meme...i may have to borrow it from you!!
it really does make you think about how you need to enjoy what you've got because, life is way too precarious!