Friday, January 11, 2008

Size DOES Matter...

I don't care what ANYone says. Size DOES Matter!!!

Get your minds out of the gutter, People! I'm talking about CLOTHES, but I got your attention. :-)

I went to Wally World (Walmart) during lunch today to buy workout clothes. I took 3 t-shirts (size large), 1 nice blouse (size large), 1 pair of sweats (12-14), and a sports bra (??? - not telling you THAT!) into the dressing room. EVERY article of clothing was too big. I couldn't believe it! When I walked out of the dressing room, the attendant asked if everything worked for me. I told her "Nope! They're all too big. I guess I'm not used to this smaller body yet." WooHoo! She just smiled at me and said that her weight has been going up. I told her if I can lose weight, so could she.

In one way, I was extremely disappointed since in my mind there was NO way I was going to be able to fit the next smallest size of sweats or shirts. Everything I tried on were 12-14. The next size down is 8-10. In regular clothes, I'm between a 12-16 depending on the style and if I don't mind the 16s being a bit baggy. I guess that means I'm really between a 12 and 14, but I've gotten used to wearing clothes that don't cling to my body.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I take the mediums (8-10 as printed on the clothes) into the dressing room AND THEY ALL FIT!!! All of them. I was so surprised. As I was looking in the mirror with those clothes on, I started to cry - not little tears, but body shaking tears. Happy tears!

I took a sports bra 2 sizes smaller and it fit. Who am I kidding...like I care if you know. It's not like you can see me. :-) The bra was a 38D.

When I got home tonight, I tried on all the clothes to show H and he was impressed and told me to shake it. You know I did. :-)

In regards to my health, I still have a cough and congestion. I just can't seem to get rid of this crap. It's driving me NUTS! Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and concern.

I have a biopsy scheduled for the 21st. It's of the uterus because the doctors just want more money. This is just to prove to them that I actually AM starting to go through the dreaded change of life. The change doesn't really bother me. Technically, I think it will make my life a whole lot easier. It doesn't matter to them that my mother and grandmother both started when they were my age. Anything for a few more bucks!

Because inquiring minds want to know...Mr. Jones is the friend that H and I have set up with a friend we have met playing WoW. It is so good to see him happy and so whipped. He already loves her, but because he's who he is, he hasn't told her yet. They have mentioned marriage, children, and he's mentioned to her that he will be nervous when he proposes. Yep, the boy is hooked and I couldn't be happier for him. We met her in person a few weeks ago and she is adorable, sweet, perfect for him, and a bit insecure. She's actually a LOT like I was when I first met H. Mr. Jones is going to have it a bit rough at the start, but once she feels secure in herself and in their relationship, it will be smooth sailing for them both. They look so cute together. I have never seen him happier and I've known him for about 8 years now.

That's all the news I have for now. Life is going great! I've gotten over and through a lot since starting this blog. Now most things just don't seem to bother me much. Thankfully! Unfortunately, that leaves me nothing to bitch about online. This has always been my outlet for bitching. I guess I need to write about other things now. :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend. TGIF!!! Until later...

4 comments:

Manda Girl said...

Whooo HOOOOOO!!! That's the best news I have heard all day! Congrats - I am very excited for you!!

Shake it like a polaroid picture!

mama biscuit said...

LOL, reading this made my eyes leak a little.

What an amazing accomplishment!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

We can bask in your glory.
Cheers

suchsimplepleasures said...

yay!! good for you! after i had my last child, i couldn't lose the weight. i was previously, a size 8 but, after child...a 16!! finally, when my son was 2 1/2, i lost all the weight!! and, i got back into a 6! i remember being surprised, just like you...when the smaller sizes actually fit!! so, congratulations! it's an accomplishment to be proud of!!