Sunday, January 27, 2008

Just So You Know...

This has been a pretty good week. Sadly, I have eaten anything and just about everything this week (okay, fine, last week and a half - happy now?). I'm actually pretty okay with that. I know that sounds kind of strange, but hear/read me out. :-)

I am thinking of this whole thing as a "lifestyle change" not a diet. To me, the difference is that this is something I am going to continue doing for the rest of my life (healthy eating, eventually adding weekly exercise - yeah, um, haven't really been doing that part yet but eventually I will) not just until I get down to the size I want to be.

Keeping that in mind, I know that I'm going to have hours, days, a week (maybe a bit longer as is this case) that I will make unhealthy choices or fall back into my old habits. It's inevitable. It's realistic. I'm okay with that. I am still going to weigh in on Tuesday. I know that the scale may show me a bit higher than the last time I weighed in, but I'm okay with that. I made those choices and I need to take responsibility for them and own up to them.

Keep checking back so you'll e sure to know what happens at my weigh in on Tuesday. Have a great week. Play nice, y'all. Q, Ty, that means you. lol

Until later...

2 comments:

mama biscuit said...

I lost 40lbs last year and you know what? I never denied myself something when I really wanted it. I think if you get caught in the trap of never allowing yourself something you love, you are setting yourself up for failure! You just have to not start sliding down a slippery slope. I've been bad lately and have actually but 5 back on.

And I'm starting to develop a complex, everywhere I go people are telling me to play nice.

Hmmmf. Am I that obnoxious?

suchsimplepleasures said...

i'm trying...key word, TRYING, to start the abs diet...which is supposedly amazing! my sister and her hubby lost a bunch of weight from it. but, sadly...with 5 kids...i have way too much junk food temptation...now, where the heck did i put those jelly bellies? oh yeah...i ate them!!!