Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Hump Day!!

WooHoo! I remembered ON Hump Day. How miraculous is THAT!?!

Anyway, the things I’m thankful for this week:

1. I took control of the care for my body. By the way, I found another OB/GYN that I will be seeing in March.

2. For the feeling of unity and not being alone (which happens to be one of the main reasons I started this blog). From all the comments left regarding “work being more than just a paycheck” (paraphrased of course, scroll down 2-3 entries to read it) I see that I am not alone in my thought process that quality of life is sometimes more important than a paycheck. WooHoo! Since I’m not the only one that thinks this way, it means we’re right, right? I say YES!!

3. I got my hand caught in the dishwasher yesterday and thought I’d never get it out. Yes, I’m thankful for that because a) there was no damage done to my hand and (this is most important) b) it showed me that I REALLY need to get my rings re-sized SMALLER!!! WooHoo! I have no excuse now to hold off on sizing. I have every reason to get it sized. Lord knows I don’t need anything adding to my clumsiness. By the way - No WWAWP Update this week because I didn’t go to work yesterday [read previous post] but I am still in my smaller sizes and the scales have not gone up, so I feel confident that staying on track will do me well until I can get weighed in next week.

4. H and I have started de-cluttering our home. It’s such a good feeling to get rid of the STUFF that we don’t need/use/like. We have realized that we have too much STUFF. We don’t need stuff to be happy. As a matter of fact, we can be quite content without it. We need to learn to be content with what we have instead of adding to what we already own (hence the reason I am more than happy to live and die in the house we currently own – I’ve realized recently that our home is bigger than the one my grandparents lived for 50 years and brought up 2 boys in, so I definitely don’t need more space for just a small dog. Plus, I LOVE our backyard).

5. Our backyard. I love it! I grew up in Southern California, so we had no backyard. We had a concrete slab. Seriously! When we built our home, we chose the biggest lot available so we would have a nice sized backyard. Our lot is one of the biggest in the subdivision and the homes they’ve built in the past 7 years have MUCH smaller lots. I love our lot! We fenced in the backyard about a year after we got Dickens so I love it even more because of the privacy.

6. I went through my clothes and got rid of everything that was too big or too small (I figured that I will want more current styles when I get back into that size anyway). Hahaha! I also got rid of all the clothes I don’t love to wear or don’t feel comfortable wearing. I did keep one (1) dress that is currently too small. It is a size 8. It’s the dress I wore for the Christmas picture H and I took 10 days after we got engaged. This picture sits on my desk at work and reminds me that I can get back into that dress. You know the saying “If you can dream it, you can achieve it”? That’s what this picture represents for me. Not only can I dream it, I can SEE it on a daily basis. I have that picture (the only picture, I might add) on my desk to show me that I can get down there. I was 28 years old in that picture so there is no reason that I cannot get back to that size. I don’t care what number shows on the scale at that point. As soon as I can fit back into THAT dress, I know I have achieved what I dreamed in regards to my weight loss goals and my healthier lifestyle.

7. Everyone that stumbles upon this haven of mine. You have all touched my heart in one way or another. You have all encouraged me and inspired me. You have all held me up when I felt that I would surely fall. Surprisingly, your numbers are growing and I love you all and appreciate all you do for me. THANK YOU!!!!

Until later...

1 comment:

mama biscuit said...

It's so nice to see cheerful posts from you :)

2008 is going to be a kick ass year, I just know it!

Happy Hump Day!