Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Favorite Things

Here is a list of some of my favorite things (I'm not sure what order I would put them in, this is just the order in which they came to mind once I decided to do this):

1. K2 when she smiles (it lights up her whole face including her eyes)

2. K when he gives me a hug. He ALWAYS puts his head on my shoulder and most of the time will pat my back. I let him stay that way as long as he wants.

3. Dickens when he snuggles up to me on the sofa (not while we’re in bed, though. I can’t sleep when I feel “trapped”) Using the word “trapped” shows me that I still have some lingering issues when it comes to my childhood. I don’t know that those will ever really go away. I do feel trapped. It’s not just that the blankets are tight around me. I actually feel trapped.

4. The family/love/acceptance I have in my life because H is in it and brought his whole family with him

5. The smell of a new book (this happened last night and prompted me to make this list)

6. The smell of pipe tobacco (it reminds me of when I was young and my dad smoked a pipe) – it gives me comfort and I feel safe whenever I smell pipe tobacco. Do they make a candle with that fragrance? I didn’t think so, but I think it might be a bit too strange to use pipe tobacco like potpourri in my house. Then again, who’s to know and who cares if it seems strange to those that visit my home? It’s my house damn it. If I want it to smell like pipe tobacco, I can do that. I may need to run that by H first. haha

7. See’s truffles (they’re even better than Godiva – trust me, much more flavor [to me, anyway])

8. All my bloggy friends and their wonderful webpages (that means YOU!)

9. Reading – I’m a nerd, this is my hobby, don’t judge! It could be worse – I could collect shoes, purses, jewelry, and make-up (wait, I kind of do that, too, just not to the same extent)

10. Breyer’s Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

11. Starbuck's Iced Venti Skinny Caramel Latte

12. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (a bonus when they also have coconut – YUM!)

So…these are quite a few of my favorite things.

A friend of mine is doing the Biggest Loser Million Pound Challenge. You might have seen her. She is half of the couple that was shown at the beginning of last week’s episode losing weight for their daughter. On their webpage for the challenge, she said last night that she was asked to write down (I don’t remember who asked her to do this) what she would do if she had:

7 years to live, 7 months to live, 7 days to live, 7 hours to live, and 7 minutes to live.

Her response to the 7 minutes left to live was – get this – “to get a second serving”. Her husband commented that it wasn’t to be with him or with their daughter. She said that she hopes that her plan “if she had 7 minutes to live” will change by the end of this challenge.

So, my challenge to you (and myself) is: “What would you do if you knew you had only a) 7 years to live, b) 7 months to live, c) 7 days to live, d) 7 hours to live, and e) 7 minutes to live?”

Personally, I have to think about this a bit. Blog about what you would do and leave me a comment that you have so I can check it out. I will do the same before Monday morning so come back and check it out.

Until later...

2 comments:

mama biscuit said...

I love reading also, I just can't stay awake.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Wow, this is going to take some thought... although I really like the "second helping" idea. I am taking your challenge and will post it when I've thought of something more meaningful than "devouring all the chocolate I can get my hands on"
Just before I came by your blog I was thinking how I wish my Hubby would come in and say "take two hours, go read uninterrupted" because if I have two hours (this is a joke all it's own), I am torn with whether to clean, scrap book, get my Mom's bday present mailed (only 2 more months and it because THIS year's gift). Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and I hope to see (read) you lots more!