Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weekend News

So...I was off work last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, the weekend, and Monday for Labor Day. WooHoo! You'd think with all that time off that I would get a log of things done that I've been needing/wanting to get done (mostly needing not really wanting to do it). I got squat done! I take that back. I finished reading the last two Harry Potter books AGAIN! I stayed up late every night. I mean LATE (like midnight). I normally go to bed around 10. In my defense, I did get up each morning around 7 which I do each day anyway.

Wednesday, I had a dentist appointment. I think I already wrote about how well that went.

Thursday, I had my allergist appointment. It went well. I think I also wrote about that. I have pretty much decided that no matter how well I do with taking my shots at longer intervals, I think I'll continue to get shots once a month to guarantee that I don't have sinus infections that lay me on my back for two weeks. I used to get major sinus infections every season. I couldn't shake them. Since getting allergy shots, I have not had one that bad these past two years. That works for me.

Five minutes before H was supposed to come home on Thursday, he called and asked me if I wanted to go to a TN Titans game. So much for eating well for dinner that night. We stopped at McDonald's and I got a Filet-O-Fish and a large fry. Let me tell you...those fries were the BEST.fries.I.have.had.in.a.LOOONNNGGG.Time. Oh, my gosh! On the down side, we had to walk a long way to get to the stadium (up hills, down hills). I thought I was going to DIE! To top it all off, I had to make the same walk back to the car. Lots of exercise. I guess I ate off those fries.

Friday, I had my physical. This went pretty well. My heartrate and EKG looked great. I just got my results from the blood tests, and I am doing good. The last time I had a physical, my cholesterol was 225. High is 200, so I was just a bit in the high range. I'm aware of my cholesterol. I also know that both my parents have high cholesterol. Last month, I decided that I was going to start eating oatmeal EVERY morning in an effort to lower my levels. I did good! I lowered my cholesterol by 28 points. I am now at 197. WooHoo! My doctor said everything else looks great.

Saturday, we spent time with K and K2. We spent time at the family restaurant. It was fun. H had two cousins that came up from FL that he hasn't seen since he was a little boy. One brought her little boy with her and he's close to K's age. They had a blast. K really came out of his shell (and so much quicker than usual). H also ended up with tickets to the AMA Motocross that afternoon and night. We went and had a blast. It was very interesting and fun. We also had free passes to the pits. We had a really good time. His male cousin came with us along with one of our male friends (his wife didn't want to join us - go figure). It was great.

Sunday and Monday, we spent the whole of both days with K and K2. Monday was H's brother's birthday. K2 is really growing. She'll be two months old on Thursday. She is so cute and adorable. I just couldn't get enough.

Today is back to work. I had over 60 emails I had to respond to and forward to the person that updates our database (that's touching each email twice!). I finally got that done a little after lunch.

Today was WWAWP. I thought with everything that happened this past week (Titans game, spending time at the family restaurant, H's brother's birthday, and the AMA Motocross) that I would be doomed and guaranteed to gain weight this week. I ate nothing but my morning oatmeal, fruits, veggies, and two small pieces of cheese today in anticipation of stepping on that scale. I.Lost.4.Pounds! I was sooo excited and extremely surprised. WooHoo!

Since I was off work since Wednesday, I also decided that I was going to transition to the Wellbutrin SR instead of the Wellbutrin XL. This way, I had a few days just around family to see if the SR was going to affect me differently than the XL. It hasn't, so I'm doing GREAT!

Until later...

No comments: