Thursday, August 30, 2007

Apology and More...

Ok, so I know I’ve been averaging one post per week lately. I’m sorry. I’ve been working overtime and am so ready for a break. Thankfully, I'm on "vacation" from yesterday and don't return until next Tuesday because of the Labor Day holiday. You wouldn’t believe everything that’s been going on.

I have to say that H usually thinks I’m exaggerating when I mention a coworker treating me badly. He believes me now. He saw it first hand when I was working an event this past Saturday. Even he mentioned that SUB was a bitch. He got onto me for not sticking up for myself and said that it’s my own fault I have let this go on as long as I have. He’s right. Of course, I was awake most of Sunday night dreading staff meeting on Monday. I assumed she would say something about the incident (since she has been bringing it up every chance she gets since March!). I had decided that if she said something Monday, I was going to say something back. Of course, when I’m actually ready for her, she keeps her big mouth shut! I don’t know if I’m glad or not. Yes, I’m glad I didn’t have to struggle with the confrontation, but it would have been nice to have it over with. Now, I’m trying to keep in mind what I’m going to say so I can be ready whenever she does pipe up with it. It all has to do with a golf cart. Good God! No one got hurt, I didn’t bounce her out, I didn’t tip the golf cart (so I obviously had more control than she gave me credit for). She needs to get over it already. H couldn’t believe that I have been right about her all this time. He said he thought she might be bipolar since the majority of the time we get along great. It just so happens that when she gets stressed, she thinks she can take it out on me. That's not bipolar...it's nothing but BITCH!

I had a great day with K last Sunday. Saturday night, I worked until around midnight, so H and I slept in on Sunday. Once we got up, we decided to go to his parent's restaurant (the BEST Thai, sushi, and Laotian food you can find). I mentioned to H that he might want to call ahead and make sure they were there. He didn't think it was important. When we got there, they were painting the place, which is a good thing because the walls were bright lime green on top and baby boy blue blanket on the bottom. Now the walls are a nice chocolate brown and looks fantastic with the tan table cloths, brown chairs, and the 5 dark green booths. It is a much more relaxing atmosphere now. Anyway, I said all of this because H and I obviously weren't dressed for painting (H didn't call in advance, remember). Anyway, so H helped them paint a bit and got brown paint all over the nice, new shorts I bought him for his birthday in July. While everyone else was painting, I was keeping K busy. I was still extremely tired because of working so late the night before and was beginning to get a migraine. I had a blast with him. I pushed him around the restaurant in a wheeled office chair. He had a blast. I taught him a few more bad habits, which is always my favorite thing. :-) I taught him to sing "I got your buuuutt". We had a blast with that. We added, "I got your noooose" and "I got your cheeeeeks" and laughed quite a bit. I also shook my butt at him which made him shake his butt at me and laugh his little head off. It was great!

I think I mentioned that I read the seventh Harry Potter book (H calls it Harry Pothead) as soon as it came out. I loved it and decided to read the whole series again from start to finish. I have just finished book six and am starting on book seven for the second time. I have really enjoyed reading the series again. I have watched the movies many more times than I have read the books, so it was good to read them again and remember things that I had forgotten because they weren't in the movies.

Ok, so I have been off work since yesterday. I made doctor appointments for each day so I wouldn't have to take time off later in the year. Yesterday was my dentist appointment. It went really well. I hadn't been to a dentist since about 2001 or 2002, so I didn't know what to expect. We hadn't had dental insurance that whole time, so we stopped going because everything would have come out of our pockets. I was going back to school so we really couldn't afford to go to the dentist. We tried a different dentist than we had gone to before. This one is right down the street from us. We really like her. They complimented H and I on our teeth and were surprised that our teeth were in such good condition since it had been 5-6 years since we had seen a dentist. Neither of us had a cavity or anything wrong with our gums. I felt very relieved.

Today was my allergist appointment. I have been getting three allergy shots a week for the past two years (minus a few weeks when time got away from me). They have helped me tremendously. When I wasn't getting allergy shots, I would have a horrific sinus infection Every.Single.Season. It would kick my butt for two weeks and there were times it landed me flat on my back in bed. With the allergy shots, I haven't had one that bad the whole time. It feels great. I occassionally will get a sinus headache or sinus pressure, but nothing remotely close to what I used to suffer. As of today, I will be taking my shots every two weeks instead of every week. WooHoo! He said that after the first big freeze, I can start taking my shots every three weeks and see how those go for me for a few months then go to once a month. According to the allergist, most people take the shots for about five years then will stop taking them. Once this happens, they reap the benefits of the shots for the next ten to twenty years. That will be fantastic. He said it's up to me to determine how long I take the shots. I can even take them longer than the 5 years if I want to especially since they are doing so well for me. The number of weeks between shots is up to me and what I think my body can handle as long as I don't come in more than once a week and get my shots at least once a month.

Tomorrow is my physical. That ought to be interesting. I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast every day for the past month or so to help lower my cholesterol levels which aren't extremely high. I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I am still taking DAM although I switched yesterday from Wellbutrin XL which costs me $120 to refill to Wellbutrin SR's generic brand which costs me nothing. The only difference I have noticed is that the SR has to be taken twice a day while the XL only has to be taken once. I don't mind taking two pills a day if I don't have to pay money out of my pocket for it. :-)

This past Tuesday, I started the Weight Watchers At Work Program (WWAWP). I have decided that I am tired of carrying around this extra weight. This is the biggest I have ever been and I'm not happy about it. I weighed in at 198 (it was 4:30, so I'm sure I would have been lower than that if I had weighed in the morning). I would like to get down to around 150. That would put me in a size 8. I could live with that. That's around where I was when I met H and I looked tiny even though I weighed that much. I wouldn't say I have big bones, but I do have pretty good upper body strength (my muscles underneath the fat must be in pretty good shape). I have ever since I was a toddler and used to pull myself around when I was in a body cast (that's a whole other story). I guess that extra weight comes from muscles because I did not look like I had any fat on my body and everyone thought I weighed around 120 pounds instead of 150. I can definitely live with that!

My decision for losing the weight has come because I will be 40 at the end of next year. I don't want to be fat at forty. I don't want to have the health problems both of my parents have because of their weight issues. I want to be able to keep up with K and K2. I don't want them to ever be embarrassed of me (or embarrassed to be seen with me) because of my weight. I want to be able to walk up a few flights of stairs without getting out of breath. Generally, I just want to be healthier. I will be updating my post after each weigh in. It might not be on Tuesday, but it will be shortly thereafter.

I decided on Weight Watchers because it is a flexible plan where I can eat any food I want as long as I stay within my point range. I am allowed 24 points. That's it! I've been writing down everything I have eaten for the past two days (I started on Wednesday) and I have realized a few things:

1. I have fallen into a LOT of bad eating habits.
2. I don't eat fruits and vegetables (at all). I never realized that before. No wonder I've gained weight. I used to love fruits and vegetables, but for some reason have stopped eating them in lieu of eating faster, easier, more convenient foods.
3. Thankfully, I have been drinking the amount of water they require.
4. I have been making a few good choices like limiting my soda intake a LOT as well as drinking diet drinks instead of full sugar drinks.

One good thing about the new Weight Watchers Program is that they give you an additonal 35 points you can eat each week (if you choose) above and beyond the points I can eat each day. It's amazing how many points are in certain foods. It totally explains the weight I have put on the past ten years.

Another thing that seems to always be on my mind lately is religion. What has really put it into the foreground of my mind recently is this season of Big Brother. I've got to say that Amber and Jameka get on my last damn nerve. Amber gets on my nerves not only because of the religion issue but because of her emotional crying. Give me a break! I've never seen such an "EMO" in my life. How the hell can you expect to function in society and raise a little girl if you're crying all the time? Get a grip!

Anyway, back to the religion thing. I have no problem with people having their own religious beliefs. What I do have problems with is people using their beliefs in order to make themselves "look" better or make others "look" bad. Amber is all about her "visions" but when her visions don't come true, she fails to mention that she was wrong. It is soooo "God's will" for her to win. Whatever!!How self-serving and selfish is that? She talks about how other people are selfish. She's just as selfish, she just covers it up in her "faith". So does Jameka. Whatever. I know that I have issues with religion. I will gladly admit that to anyone. I have a huge problem with ORGANIZED religion. Religion should be PERSONAL. It is no one else's business what your/my beliefs are and I get sick of seeing religion always pushed in other people's faces or used to someone's advantage.

So...those are my rants and thoughts for the day. Until next time....

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

I know what you mean about Amber and Jameka - did you notice Tuesday that Jessica told Jameka that she is really religious and went to a private Catholic school growing up - but did we ever see her praying to god?!?!?

I'm glad you are getting to take a couple of days off to relax. Do you think you could talk to a supervisor or someone about SUB? That's not good to feel anxious about work or someone at work.

Good luck at the Dr. and with WW!