Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Much Needed Rant

What makes ANYTHING I do SUB’s business? Grant it, she’s been sick for a week, but that’s no excuse to butt your nose in where it doesn’t belong as though I were 5 and didn’t know better. IF I get a bulletin board for my desk, that’s none of her concern. IF I choose to attach it to the wood paneling (which I wasn’t considering – duh!), it’s none of her concern.

She came to my desk today after I talked with the Administrative Assistant because she overheard us talking about me getting a bulletin board for my desk. I currently have a post-it sticky board that no longer sticks and is driving me NUTS. Because she overheard that conversation, she had to come over and say that the reason BB didn’t purchase one for me was because they didn’t want it attached to the paneling of the desk. Do I look stupid? NO! Am I 5? NO! Am I smart enough to know that putting a hole in the paneling will ruin this piece of furniture? HELL YES!

I told her I wasn’t planning on hanging it, but propping it up just as the current board is doing. I told her I wasn’t stupid. DUH! Yes, I did! :-) I almost asked her what business it was of hers. I know what business it is…she thinks she has to control EVERYTHING! Her fingers have to be in everything that’s going on (it's not just me she does it to - she does it to everyone that is her "level" and lower). Just because you’ve done your job before, doesn’t mean you’ve done mine. I have worked in this same position in many places some of which were much bigger and busier than here. Leave me the F!@# alone!

No comments: