Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More Random Musings...

I have realized since last Friday that not only am I a magnet for bad drivers, but I am also a magnet for bad bicyclists. Why they gravitate toward me is well beyond my scope of imagination, but there you have it.

As I was driving home from work Friday, a bicyclist was partially in my lane getting ready to cross the street as I was driving toward him. I had the right of way, which by no means I was going to flatten him. He got back on the sidewalk real quick and crossed the street behind me. Driving home from work yesterday, I saw this cyclist and had a feeling he was going to cross without looking. Luckily I was driving 5-10 miles BELOW the posted 30mph speed limit. Sure enough, I get about 2 car lengths from him and he swerves out into the street without looking. When he was halfway in my lane, he decided he’d better look to see if any cars were coming. Of course, I was practically right on top of him. He’s damn lucky I had a feeling he was going to do that, or he could have been seriously hurt and I would have been traumatized for hitting someone. Dumb ass! I was seriously thinking about honking at him to scare him just.because.I.could. but I refrained and didn’t. He soooo would have deserved it though.

I have my WWAWP meeting tonight at 4:30. My mom went to her meeting this morning in her state and she lost…..6 pounds! WooHoo, Mom! I was so excited for her. I am doing the flex plan where you count your points. Mom did the core plan where you eat as much as you want of a huge list of foods as long as you stop eating when you’re full. She lost more in 1 week than I did in 2! That’s great for her. She has a LOT more weight to lose than I do and it seems to come off quicker the more you have to lose until you hit a certain point (right around where I am, of course). She goes to a meeting in her town with her best friend. Her friend lost .2 pounds. That’s fantastic since she and her husband were on vacation the entire week.

The new girl in our office started yesterday. She seems really sweet. SUB has been spending a lot of time with her and keeps butting her nose in my business. Whenever she tells me something, I just want to do the EXACT opposite. I know that may be petty, but I guess I’m petty. Haha! I don’t really care. I’m just tired of her thinking she has control over ANYTHING I do. If I wanted her opinion, I’d ask for it. Since I haven’t asked, keep.it.to.yourself! I don’t pay her much attention now that I have figured out that she’s just that way and won’t/can’t change. I don’t care. I don’t have to do anything she says. She isn’t my boss. BB went on maternity leave starting yesterday afternoon. She’s expecting TRIPLETS! She’s 31 weeks along, so she’s doing great. I can’t wait to see them.

H told K that we would take him miniature golfing (putt-putting) this past weekend. Since H worked from 7:30 Saturday morning until 3:15 Sunday afternoon, we didn’t get to go. We are both taking off next Monday in order to make it up to him. We’re planning on taking him golfing, to Chuck E. Cheese’s, and to Build a Bear. I think he’ll have a GREAT time and we’re both looking forward to it, too.

Until later....

No comments: