Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WWAWP Update

WWAWP went pretty well last week. After writing down everything I have eaten for the past two weeks, I realize that I have completely cut out fruits and vegetables from my diet and have replaced them with fast food. Major shame on me. What’s really bad is the fact that I used to LOVE fruits and vegetables and would pick them over everything else.

I have started making healthier choices in the foods I eat and have started putting fruits and veggies back into my diet. I have done that by eating a salad each day for lunch. Yes, I get them at a fast food joint, but thanks to Dottie’s Weight Loss Zone and the Weight Watcher Dining Out book, I know how many points to subtract for each salad and dressing I choose.

I was proud of myself today. I went to get my allergy shots today. That always leaves me only 30 minutes for an actual lunch. I usually go to McDonald’s right around the corner and get a cheeseburger happy meal (so I can give K the toy, of course). Today, I had decided that I would get a cheeseburger (7 pts) and a diet coke (0 points). I looked in my Dining Out book while waiting in my car at the drive thru and decided to get a Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad (5 pts) instead and use the low-fat vinaigrette dressing (1 point). I ended up having the time to eat it which surprised me in itself. I was completely excited that I actually made a healthy choice and ate something that was not only good for me but would also stick with me a little longer into the day. I had to pass that along. I have to say, though that I was a little disappointed with the salad. I didn’t like a few of the greens they included (they tasted like dirt to me) and the bits of bacon (good size amount) got extremely soggy and gross (and I didn’t even put on a lot of dressing). Some of the lettuce pieces were huge and hard to eat. On the plus side, the grilled chicken is a FULL skinless chicken breast and it had a lot of flavor and was seasoned VERY well.

I have found that I really like Dairy Queen’s Grilled Chicken Salad (5 points) and add their fat-free Italian dressing (1 point). Our DQ doesn’t give you croutons to eat with it. Imagine my surprise the first day I bought the salad and it had a full piece of buttered Texas toast! Hello! I’m ordering a SALAD, people. That means I want healthy, duh. Instead, you tempt me with your buttery bread of deliciousness. Yep! That first day, I ate the bread and boy was it good. Now whenever I go, I order the salad without the bread. They sound shocked when I ordered it, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. Since bread is one of my downfalls, I try to stay away as much as possible. That’s one thing I really like about the points system of Weight Watchers. I can eat the bread as long as I add the points. Talk about SWEET!

Anyway, at the meeting yesterday, I lost one more pound. I have lost a total of 5 pounds in two weeks. That’s a pretty good start. One lady in our group has lost 97 pounds as of yesterday and another has lost 55. The lady that lost 97 (she now weighs around my weight – she said she gets 24 points which is what I get) has been doing this since January and I don’t know how long the other lady has been involved. I like that there are people in our group that are doing really well. It gives hope to the rest of us and helps us see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is definitely possible. I don’t have to lose 97 pounds, but if she can do that in 9 months, I can surely lose the weight I need to in the next 9 months. WooHoo! Talk about encouraging. I need to keep that in the front of my mind, but make sure that I don’t get frustrated if it doesn’t happen. I need to stay focused but realize that people lose weight at different rates.

Until later…

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

That's awesome! Congrats on sticking with it and losing more :)