Friday, July 06, 2007

Relaxation for a change...

I’ve got lots to catch you up on. H and I had 5 days off around the 4th. We both took off Monday and Tuesday. He has been stressing, so we thought it would be good for him to take time off and relax. I thought it was because our house is kind of turned upside down right now (we’re in the process of switching some of our rooms around – haven’t actually done it yet even though we’ve been planning this for months and have the boxes in the room to prove it). We were going to use those days to put the house in order. Come to find out, it had NOTHING to do with the house. He’s just stressing due to work again (remember his bald patches?).

So…here is a run down on our 5 days off. By the way, Tuesday was H’s 33rd birthday, so I thought it would be fun to go to a wine tasting at a winery that’s not too far away sometime during those days off.

Saturday we woke up, sat around the house, went to Target to buy things for NN, went to a baby shower for NN (the name is still going to be Kaitlyn as far as I know), and stayed up really late (early morning actually) playing WoW with H. By the way, this shower was for both men and women and lots of cards were played. It’s a Laotian thing, trust me. It was lots of fun and we saw 3 cousins of H’s that we haven’t seen in quite a while (two had new babies that we knew nothing about).

Sunday we did pretty much the same thing as Saturday except without Target and the baby shower. Each day we spent time with K so if I don’t mention that, we did see him EVERY day. It was great!

Monday same as Sunday.

Tuesday H had an uncle and cousin come down from New York (he has another cousin that’s been out here for a month or so). We went to see TRANSFORMERS. Awesome movie. We want to see it again this weekend. That’s how much we loved it. Everything that we did Sunday, we also did today. This was H's birthday. Did he receive a phone call from my parents? NO! Did his card get here on time? NO! Would my parents have been upset at me if I didn't call them on their birthday? Hell YES! Would they have been hurt if their card from me was late? Of course! I'm kind of upset with them right now. I haven't heard from them all week (you know I didn't call them - I always call them). I'm interested to find out how long it will take them to pick up their phone and hit the speed dial number that will connect them to me for a change instead of the other way around. :-) I'm terrible, I know. Oh well.

Wednesday we went to H’s parent’s house. Had a cookout (in doors – read in the oven) because it was too hot outside. Played cards. Spent time with Uncle and cousins (who will be leaving Friday). Sister-in-law (pregnant remember) had to work but she gets Friday off instead (how messed up is that!?). Played more WoW, but went to bed at a decent hour. I was unable to sleep for some reason (maybe it was all the fireworks going off until 2 in the morning). Our poor dog was scared all night. He sat next to me on the porch and jumped into bed with us not five minutes after we went to bed. He normally waits until around 2 to get in bed with us, but the noise scared him. Poor thing.

Thursday after work, we went to H’s parents again so we could spend time with the Uncle and cousins that will be leaving around 4 Friday morning.

As you can see…we didn’t do squat all weekend. We didn’t even do the wine tasting. It felt pretty good, though; but now I’ve got to find (okay, make) the time to get the house in order. Before H decided to take off work, I was going to use Monday and Tuesday to do that. Oh well, spending time with family is more important to us that having our house in perfect order (okay…any order – Whatever!).

On another note, I’ve been on DAM for almost a month now. H says he can tell a difference. I’m hoping that’s a good thing. He said it was, so I’m going to believe him. I have noticed that I’m not having funky thoughts anymore. Last night, I drove down a road that I’ve been avoiding for some time. There is a pretty big drop off on the right side and I catch myself picturing my car rolling down the hill and wondering just how hurt I would be if that were to happen. I realized last night as I was lying in bed that I didn’t have those thoughts while driving down the road tonight. The DAM must be working. I ALWAYS have that thought driving down that road. That’s why I choose to stay off that road when I’m driving. Last night, it didn’t even enter my mind. WooHoo!

Anyway, so that’s what’s been happening this week. I have a whole other post regarding the fact that I tend to attract all the crazy ass drivers to drive around me for some reason. I’ve seen the worst drivers these past two weeks.

Until later…

No comments: