Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hurt Feelings...

I’m hoping that the new person we’re getting in our office is someone that I’ll get along well with. I hope they’re someone that I can do lunch with once in a while (I go to lunch around 12:30 because I have to wait for the other secretary to come back before I can go). Everyone else goes extremely early and there are times (like today) that I just feel left out. I wasn’t even asked to go – of course, they know that I couldn’t have gone; but they could have waited 15-20 minutes for me (yes, that’s how close to the time I go to lunch that the remaining 3 women went to lunch today) or at least told me where they were going so I could have met them. Whatever!

Maybe I’m just off today. Maybe my DAM isn’t working today. Maybe the DAM is working but I would have been so much worse without it today. I don’t know. There are conversations going on all around me that are not including me today. I don’t want to be “nosey” or anything, but I’m really feeling left out today. Maybe the DAM is working. Had I not been on the meds, I think I probably would have just been hurt and not realized that it is my depression/anxiety kicking in. Anyway…that’s what’s going on at 3:10 Tuesday afternoon.

Until later…

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

I'd have lunch with you...but I'm far away! I'm so sorry that you are having an off day - I know that it doesn't make things fun and happy.

I'm crossing my fingers that the new person is nice and realizes what a great person you are right away :)