Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh that Funky Feeling

Yep, it's back. Which reminds me...I haven't taken my DAM yet today. Be right back. Okay, I'm back and that is taken care of.

I've been feeling extremely "off" the past four days. As a matter of fact, I have stayed home from work both days this week so far. I'm feeling a little better today than I did yesterday, but I am not 100% either. I'm feeling about 80-85% today. I really don't want to be at work feeling this way when I have to be "on" and in my best mood for 7.5 hours around people that don't know, understand, or realize I battle depression on a massive scale. I just can't do that today. I have the sick time, and I will make myself go to work tomorrow; but today, I just need it to be about me. Is that bad? I have also noticed that when I'm feeling 'off', I don't want to blog or talk about it. I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I think I've actually been feeling 'off' a LOT more (and longer) than even I realized.

Since I am feeling a little better today, but still not up to par, I'm going to do some things that make me "feel good" in hopes that it will shock my system out of this funk. I probably should have thought about this yesterday, but I wasn't thinking straight and none of this even came into my mind yesterday.

So... to help me get back in the positive side of life:

1. I am going to spend some time in my hammock in my backyard today (either morning or late afternoon - I do not want to be out there between 11-3).
2. I am also going to join H for lunch (maybe go see K - we want him to know he's still loved).
3. I'm going to get my allergy shots today (this will help me get rid of my headaches and the sinus pressure I've been dealing with on top of everything else).
4. I also need to go to Toys 'R' Us and get W a gift card and a birthday card for his birthday (it's Saturday).
5. I need to stop at the grocery store and pick up some hamburger meat. (I'm thinking about making spaghetti for dinner tonight - it's one of H's favorites and I haven't been cooking much since last week)
6. I might even give myself a facial today

Mentioning K made me think of this past weekend. We went shopping with him and his dad on Sunday. As we were walking out the door, he started crying because he wanted his baby sister to go with us and he realized that we weren't taking her. It was so cute. We had to tell him that she's too small to take outside right now (she was just one week old), but we'll take her out in a few months. He did not want to go without her. His dad had to carry him to the car. It was adorable. I wasn't sure how he was going to feel about sharing the attention in the house with his sister, but he seems to be doing well and loving her. :-) He still doesn't want to hold her (even with us sitting right next to him). I'll get him to do it one of these days. :-)

Until later...

1 comment:

Bill C said...

Hammock Therapy rocks.

So to speak.

...

Impromptu pun!

Hope everything works together for good for you. :)