Friday, August 04, 2006

Celebration Plans

To answer Contemplator (and thanks for your comments and reading my posts)...

To celebrate my graduation from college, we are having a cookout with family and friends at a Thai restaurant that my in-laws own. We will be making steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, eggrolls, pad thai, chicken fried rice, chicken and broccoli, and a few other dishes along with cake.

We have about 35 people coming to celebrate. As a graduation gift, my parents gave us a cruise. To learn about this gift, please read my posts titled "Home from Cruise" and "Good things about Cruise" dated March 14.

So those are the celebration plans. I don't think Hubby has anything special planned on top of that, but I know he's proud of me and loves me. I need to quit expecting more out of people than they are willing or able to give....I'm learning. :-)

I'm currently trying to figure out what to wear next weekend. Do I want to wear pants, do I want to buy a dress? Will I be comfortable in a dress since I haven't worn one in a few years? I guess I could go out and buy myself a new outfit (even a pant outfit) to wear. That would still be kind of special. I need to figure this out quick.

2 comments:

contemplator said...

My vote is to go with comfort when dressing for your graduation. It's probably going to be blazing hot, so take that into consideration as well.

Congratulations again! That's a lot of hard work. What are you getting your degree in?

Kari said...

Contemplator,
My degree is BBA (Bachelor's of Business Administration) with a major in Office Management and minor in Business Administration.

In regard to what to wear, it will definitely be hot and I have decided on pants for comfort. Now I have to find a nice blouse to wear with it that will be comfy and cool.

Thanks again for the congrats. I appreciate it.