Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Strange Dreams

Ok, so I had a VERY strange dream regarding graduation. First of all, I need to back track a bit so you understand why all of this stuff was in my head….

My husband used a program last night to show anyplace on earth from a satellite. Well, he showed me the California home I grew up in along with the location of the church I went to out there. The church isn’t in the same location as when I grew up, but they moved to this location in 1988 or ’89 and I went to church there for a few years before I moved out of the state. They have a new pastor that I’ve never heard preach before…

But anyway…

I dreamed I was graduating from college. The ceremony was in the church (the building I grew up in not its current location). The pastor I grew up with was there. When they called my name, they called my maiden name (spelled incorrectly on the program and the diploma), and they had a desk accessory (for a pen) with a copy of the diploma etched into it with a picture of the graduate and their family for each graduate. Well, the picture they had on mine was not of my family, but of people that were neighbors of ours in the house Hubby showed me last night. You can tell that they weren’t my family because we are not of the same ethnicity. It seems it was the first picture they had of me (it was the last picture on a roll) and they didn’t bother to look at any of the pictures to see which one was my family.

Crazy dream. I’m tellin’ ya. Obviously, I have graduation on the brain. J I wonder why? A week and a half. Can’t wait.

1 comment:

contemplator said...

How are you planning on celebrating?