Friday, June 29, 2007

The Week in Review

Ok, so I know I've been ignoring my computer lately. I'm sorry. I do have quite a bit that has happened this week. I just haven't felt like sitting down at a computer and writing about it.

Here we go...
1. I have figured out SUB. It's not that she's upset or unfriendly. It's that she's stressed out. She has been extremely busy with work issues that she hasn't shared. She mentioned some of them to me and...no wonder she's SUB. I'd be pissed too with some of the issues she's been dealing with. We had a nice friendly chat, and I realized that's just the way she blows off steam and the way she comes across. She doesn't mean anything by it. Heck! She probably doesn't even realize she's coming across that way.

2. I think my brother-in-law and his wife have finally decided on a name for their little girl. It's about time...the child is due next month. IF they follow through with the name they have chosen, she will be listed on my blog as K2. I love the name...it's Kaitlyn. Not a normal name for an Asian girl, but it is adorable. We have no clue yet to the middle name. If I get to give her a middle name like I did with K, she will have her grandma's name. This will give her an American first name and a Laotian middle name (just like her older brother - and I gave him the Laotian middle name as well. The funny part is that I'm not Laotian). :-) This will also give her the same initials as her brother. It could work.

3. I haven't ever mentioned anything about MIO (Man In Office). At first, we clashed because we are sooo much alike when it comes to our personalites. Now we get along great...for the most part. When I first started, he was under the impression that I was his personal secretary. That is NOT my job even though I have no problem helping others in any way I can. I just don't like it to be EXPECTED that I will do your work. Things have gotten much better since then. The only thing he does now (and thankfully, this doesn't happen as much now - ok, 2 things) is open my desk drawers as though they are community property (I would NEVER open another person's desk drawers without their permission - invasion of privacy, space, and all that; plus it's rude as hell) and when someone comes into the office to ask a question, he is under the impression that he can help them better than I can. THIS IS MY JOB! That is what I'm paid for. He's always butting in and taking over. Sure, I let him. If he's going to be nosey enough to stick his nose in and take over the conversation, I'm stepping out. If he stumbles and makes a mistake, it's his own damn fault. What's funny is that I know the area MUCH better than he does, yet he knows all and can answer questions so much better than I can. My only question is...How do I let him know I don't want him in my desk drawers? He started opening my drawer today and I said, "I know where it is; it's MY desk." He did not seem to get the hint whatsoever. Another funny thing about him is that he has no clue when it comes to computers at all. He's constantly asking me questions about Excel, Word, and Outlook. He also asks me questions about directions around town - yet he feels better equiped to handle the questions that people ask when they walk in the door. Interesting! (ok, that's off my chest - thanks) :-)

4. A funny thing happened to me when I got off work Tuesday. Honestly! Let me tell you the background...I wore my hair in a ponytail to work that day. Not a big deal. On my way home, I took the ponytail out. At the end of the day, I barely have makeup left and after my hair being in a ponytail all day...let's just say I wasn't looking my best. Let's be honest, I was no where close to looking my best or even acceptable at that point, but I was only driving home. What did I care at that point? I looked good at work and that's what mattered. Anyway, I pull into my driveway, walk to the mailbox, and while I was there these 2 boys (they might have been in highschool, might have been in college - I don't really know, but I'm 38 and they were no where near my age) were driving past my house. As they get close to me, the boy in the passenger side sticks his head and arm out the window and yells, "Hey! Girl...Lookin' cute today!" Was he drunk? Who knows. Was he blind? Possibly. I was No.Where.Near.Cute! He sure made my day though. :-)

5. DAM has been going pretty well. I've actually been a little late taking it a few nights this week, so yesterday, I started taking it in the morning. That's been working for me. I haven't had any more issues with dizziness so I'm pretty pleased. My mornings are so much more structured than my nights (even though I'm usually at home). Just doing things around the house, watching TV, or playing WoW get me preoccupied and I lose all track of time. I will no longer have that problem. WooHoo! I can take the pill with or without food, so taking it in the morning is much easier. I just wanted to make sure I could drive without passing out or causing an accident. That would not have been good.

6. Next Tuesday is H's birthday. We're planning on going to a winery close by and participating in a wine tasting. I would love to find a wine or group of wines that I could enjoy drinking. H hasn't found one he doesn't like, but most of the ones we've tried are too strong tasting for me. They have way too much of a bitter aftertaste. We have found one that I like - it's Cafe Zinfandel from Ernest and Gallo. It's a red, but I only like it cold for some reason. I'm really looking forward to this wine tasting. This weekend is going to be all about H. We're going to be on his time schedule and do whatever he wants this weekend. We both have the next 5 days off so we are looking forward to it. I think H would like to move the furniture we've been planning to move for a few months now. I think it's starting to stress him out a little. I know that one of those days we're going to go to the movies to see "Transformers" and I'm really looking forward to that as well.

The only thing left to write about are the bad drivers I've encountered this week, but they're a post all in themselves. It's like everywhere I've driven this week, I've been surrounded by idiots and people that don't know the law or don't care about the driving laws. I'll write about them later. I need a typing break right now.

Until later....

1 comment:

Manda Girl said...

Wow, that's sounds jammed packed! I'm glad you figured out SUB, that may help with dealing with her much better. For the guy.... I used to work at reception and everyone used my desk as a community post and it bugged me but there was nothing I could do about it... maybe tape the draws closed ;)

glad things are going well other (cheers on the cutie calls!) and I hope H has a great birthday and you guys enjoy the weekend!