Monday, June 11, 2007

Panic

For some reason today, I had a massive panic attack centered around my dog. We took him to the groomers today and I was freaking out because he was going to be in a cage all day. He's been going to this groomer for the past few years, and even though I know he doesnt' like to be caged, he seems to do well there. Today, I couldn't take it. I bothered the groomers with phone calls seeing if he was done so I could pick him up. I even left work early and stayed home the remainder of the day. I'm still fighting the panic a bit, but it is much better now that Dickens and I are home together.

I really don't understand my panic. I've never been like this. I noticed that I was having problems with my blood pressure, but I think that was part of the panic attack. It's strange. Thankfully, it's very slow at work, and they understand that Dickens is my baby; but I don't think they realized that I was having anxiety problems while I was there. I'm glad that I had plenty of annual (vacation) time to use. Even leaving early like I did, I still have over 24 hours of annual time and I still accrue one day each month. :-)

No comments: