Friday, June 15, 2007

SUB strikes again

This is where my stress/anger could be making me take deep breaths instead of my anxiety/depression. I don’t know what it is about her, but she pushes my buttons the WRONG way somehow. I feel as though I should ask her if I’ve done anything to offend her. When she talks to me or emails me, she comes across as being angry and I don’t know how to handle this. Maybe I just don’t know how to deal with abrupt personalities. She wouldn’t be the first abrupt person that I had a trouble dealing with. She’s also a sorority girl (maybe that has something to do with it). She comes across as miss hoity toity and is really close to one of the other girls in the office. Maybe I’m just jealous. Who knows. Maybe I’m reading hostility where there isn’t any (that would be my anxiety kicking in). Maybe she’s one of those people that doesn’t realize how people perceive what she says or how she acts. Maybe I’m just too sensitive or feeling insecure today. Whatever it is, I know that it will pass.

The girl she’s close to will be leaving August 1, so maybe SUB’s attitude toward me will change once she leaves (even though I do not have a problem with this other girl in any way). Who knows. The people in SUB’s position and two other positions usually swap out every 2-3 years. I need to keep that in mind and not worry about it. Then again, I get along great with the woman that SUB and her buddy think is the hardest person to get along with. Maybe I have one of those personalities that SUB just can’t stand (easy going can be hard for some people to take, you know).

Later days, Dude!

No comments: