Sunday, April 15, 2007

What Happened on my Birthday - December 15

Found on Dante's Virgil. Go to Wikipedia and put your birthday into the search engine...

List 3 Events that happend on that day:
1. 1791 - The United States Bill of Rights becomes law when ratified by the Virginia legislature.
2. 1891 - James Naismith introduces the first version of basketball, with thirteen rules, a peach basket nailed to either end of his school's gymnasium, and two teams of nine players.
3. 1960 - Richard Paul Pavlick is arrested for attempting to blow up and assassinate the 35th U.S. President, John F. Kennedy only four days earlier.

List 2 Important Birthdays:
1. 37 - Nero, Roman Emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty (d. 68)
2. 1832 - Gustave Eiffel, French engineer and architect (Eiffel tower) (d. 1923)

List 1 Death:
1966 - Walt Disney, American animator (b. 1901)

List a Holiday or Observance (if any):
Roman festivals - Consualia in honor of Consus is held.

If you feel like doing this meme, please leave me a comment so I can check out all the things that happened on your birthday. :-)

Have a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Somewhere I read that the number one song on the charts the week I was born (also born 12/15) was I Am Woman Hear Me Roar. I thought that was kind of funny. But fitting for how I'm feeling right now. Blogger screwed up my blogs and now I can't post to any of them. I tried for over an hour to get access to them and got nothing. I finally found a way to contact blogger (they hid that contact form pretty good) but I'm not holding my breath for them to fix what they screwed up. Their whole Help page is full of 'tips' that don't work and links to the google help group that consists of other bloggers who have the same trouble I do. I can't help them and they can't help me. They should call it the helpless group.

I hope no one else has any trouble with their blogs. I'm suffering some kind of separation anxiety for being cut off from my blogs. I don't like this feeling at all :)

Kari said...

I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your blogger account. I haven't tried posting today.

My mind and thoughts have been with the Virginia Tech campus and the families that have been affected by the tragedy. I can't even find the words to put onto paper how I've been feeling about it.

AM said...

Hey! I dont have to do this, because my birthday is the same as yours!! (and apparently miranda's) how wierd is that? :)