Friday, October 27, 2006

WooHoo

Hubby and I are going out of town this weekend. He has a training session in Florida and since I no longer have a job, I’m going with him. I can’t wait. I need to get away for a while. Out room has a lake view and a balcony. I can’t wait.

I’m currently doing laundry and will be packing for the trip. I’m also going to be coloring my hair once the clothes go in the dryer. I’m only 37, but I have so much gray. My grandmother was salt and pepper by the time she was 42. I’m taking after her. The gray is really pronounced, but not for long. I’m coloring it a medium brown (it’s close to my natural color) and with the gray, it looks like I have highlights when it’s colored. Pretty sweet.

I think I’ve figured out what’s been bugging me recently (now that I’ve got the past under control). I don’t know that I’m ready to do anything about it or not though. That’s what I’ve got to figure out next. What’s been bugging me is my weight. I guess I need to find an exercise program that I like and can keep doing. I’ve signed up for Curves, but it’s out of the way to get there, and I would prefer something I can do at home. I have exercise DVD’s I’m thinking about pulling out, but right now, I have no space to do it in the room I have a DVD player. I need to move furniture so that the rooms I have the space to exercise also has the right electronic equipment so I can play the tapes or DVD’s.

Anyway…I’ve got some books I’m going to take with me on the trip (exercise books as well as others). I’ve started reading Flowers for Algernon. Very interesting book and sad as well. I’m taking it with me as well as The Alchemist. I’m going to reread that book on this trip. I’ve also got a few others I’m going to take as well. I’m looking forward to all of them. Maybe during this week, I can come to the conclusion that I’m finally ready to take charge of my weight before it gets out of hand.

The clothes are done washing, so I’m gonna put them in the dryer and color my hair. J

No comments: