Friday, October 20, 2006

Things I'd like to add to last post

I wasn’t sure if my last post was accepted (I was having problems with blogger and it didn’t accept my post for some reason) so I rewrote it. The things I have to say here are things that I wrote in my second post and thought they’d be good to add to my last post. Please forgive me if there are a few repeats between the two posts. You will definitely need to read the first post to completely understand this one. I think.

For years, I have felt as though I had to hide part of who I am. I do not want to go through the rest of my life (or work life) having to do the same thing. I finally got out of the habit of hiding who I am and actually showing people the real me (thanks to my lovely husband). I realized the last few weeks that I have fallen into the same old habits at work. That’s why I haven’t been blogging or happy for the past few weeks. I’ve fallen back into my old habits and I was NEVER happy in those habits.

The books mentioned in the last post are going to help me get back into serious reading. I’ve always wanted to read all of the classics of literature, all the books that have won the Pulitzer, and all the books that end up on “The New York Times” Best Seller List. I have such a list from a couple of years ago that I am now starting to tick them off. Nerdy, I know; but hey, that’s just me.

Frieda told me a few places here in town where she gets good books at cheap prices – goodwill, salvation army, and another store that I don’t remember the name, but know exactly where it is. You know I’m gonna go check out those locations.

My husband couldn’t believe that, not only did I talk to yet another stranger regarding books, but that this stranger also gave me not one but two bags of books. These are going to help me get back into the serious track of reading. I can’t wait until we get our next (and final) home where I can set up a room as a library. I have been looking forward to that for years.

No comments: