Monday, October 16, 2006

Today's Dr. Appointment and Decision

Ok...so, I had my appointment today and there's a possibility that all my problems are related to my thyroid. They drew blood today to make sure and checked my previous blood tests to see how my thyroid has been acting to this point. They noticed that my thyroid is borderline on the hypo side (which means my TSH numbers are high but my T3 and T4 are low or normal - whatever those are). I'm just glad to know it's not all in my head but actually something that could be wrong. The range doctors prefer is 2.0 - 3.0 and mine was 2.96 two months ago. According to my pasts tests, these numbers have been getting higher for years. This could explain why I'm having a hard time losing weight, sleeping, getting energy to last more than 5 minutes, and any number of other problems.

In regards to work, I tendered my resignation verbally today. They said they didn't need it in writing. I told them it was possibly my thyroid and the doctors are doing tests to find out, but that the doctor said it could be a few months before I get my full strength and everything back to normal. I told them that I don't want them to be without a person in that position for a few months because I know that position is needed. She agreed with that, so I told her it would probably be best if I concentrated on my health and tendered my resignation. She agreed that I need to take care of myself and get better. I used a line that I know they couldn't dispute - yeah...I used their own beliefs against them. I told her that maybe this is "God's way" of slowing me down and making me take care of myself. I have been pushing myself pretty hard for 3 years (I completed a 4 year degree in that time) and haven't started to slow down yet. Maybe this is a sign that I need to slow things down. Well, I have started to slow down now, haven't I? They are mailing me my check for the past 2 weeks. I should get it tomorrow. Anyway, I'm out of there at least and won't work for another company that asks me inappropriate questions during my interview...that's for sure.

No comments: