Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Unfortunately

Unfortunately, we do NOT have custody of K1 and K2. They have loving parents that take exceptionally good care of them. Their grandparents also live in the same house and these children are doted upon by everyone.

They are the closest that H and I will ever come to having children of our own and in the Laotian culture it really is a village that raises the children. K1 and K2's parents know that we love their children as if they were are own and they couldn't be happier. They know their children our loved beyond words.

K will go nowhere without his daddy. We asked him if he wanted to spend Saturday night at our house and he just said "no". LOL We look forward to the day that he is ready to spend the night. We already have a closet full of board games that I can't wait to teach him. We hope above all that K and K2 feel loved and never doubt that they are loved. We hope that if they ever have a time where they need someone to talk to and don't feel that they can talk to their parents that they will know, and choose, to talk to us. That is our ultimate goal for these two children - to be their safety net, to let them know that we will NEVER judge them, to let them know that we will ALWAYS be there for them for ANYTHING. No matter what!

So, nope, we don't have custody, but they control our hearts. Until later...
Oh...I almost forgot my most important news for the day. I LOST 2 pounds this week. I knew I just needed to exercise. This past week, I walked about 5 miles and played Wii Fit for 2 1/2 hours. My goal is to do the Wii Fit for 30 minutes a day. We just opened the box on Saturday and I did an hour on Saturday and an hour on Sunday. Last night, I just did 32 minutes; but I am so proud of myself. I have finally found an exercise that I can do on a daily/weekly basis. WooHoo! It's been almost 4 months since I have lost any weight. I actually gained about 8 pounds back, so I'm so excited to finally be on the losing track again.

Until later...
k

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i posted a comment before but i don't think it worked?

Anway, i think it's pretty cool that you can exercise with the wii!!
Too bad they are so expensive!

I've started taking my dog for long walks in the morning after i take my son to school, hopefully it helps..he'll be mad when school is out and has to go with me, LOL

Congrats on the weight loss, every little bit counts!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I am glad that you are losing again! I wish I could get a Wii to workout. They sound like a lot of fun. Keep it up.

BTW - new site for me.

imbeingheldhostage said...

oh Kari, to have someone like you in MY children's lives... I hope you're as treasured a resource as you should be! and I LOVE Wii fit. I like wii golf too. Didn't like wii karaoke so much :-(