Friday, June 20, 2008

My Name is Kari and I'm a Book-a-holic

Yep! I'm standing in the circle hoping the twelve step program will help me. Are you kidding me! If my worst vice is that I can't walk away from a book, I think I'm doing pretty well.

Yeah, um, I can't walk to ANY store without looking at their book section. I have at least 20 books at home I haven't read yet. I walked into Walgreens today and walked out with 3 books. THREE!!! I'm currently reading three. Yes, that wasn't a typo. I'm currently reading 3 books. I have one in the car to read during lunch. I have two that I'm reading at home (my mood determines which one I'll pick up each night). I also have two books that I'm waiting to receive from the UPS dude. They'll be sent out on the 24th along with another book I just purchased earlier this week.

Stop the insanity! I need to get off this rollercoaster ride. NOT! I don't care! I LOVE books and I LOVE reading. Its been a part of my life since my mom read to me as a little girl. Reading is just a part of me - a HUGE part!

By the way, TGIF!!!

Until later...
k

2 comments:

Manda Girl said...

OK - so here is my question for you. Where do you store all the books you have bought/read? We have so many books and sometimes I just want to throw them out the window! I have sold some on amazon but I don't want to get read of all my books. We just don't have anywhere to store them!!!

I really love to read too and have a stack of "to-read" going as well ;)
Happy weekend!

mama biscuit said...

I love books. Love them. Do re-read your favorites. I have a couple of books that I've read several times over the years.