Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Hump Day!!

Okay, I'm just checking in. Today is going to be hectic. I'm already at work and I'm not planning on leaving this place until close to 9:00 tonight. That's 13 hours, people! At least I get comp time for anything over 7.5 hours (unlike our event planners). WooHoo!

Ty's Girl, I read books multiple times. I'm sorry I missed that question in your comment. I have books I've read as many as 6 times (maybe even more). I don't really count how many times I read a book. I just read it for enjoyment. If it's a book I love, I will go back to it again and again (like Johanna Lindsey, Nora Roberts, and Janet Evanovich). I can't tell you how many times I've read some of their books. They all make me cry and laugh out loud - which to me is the sign of a great book.

I hope y'all have a great hump day. As I said, mine will probably be pretty busy (especially after all the tables and chairs arrive).

While I'm here, I'm gonna bitch about something that aggravates the shit out of me. It's my blog - I'm allowed.

I don't mind people asking when we're going to have kids. What aggravates me to no end are the people that won't drop it when I say we can't. We were at a friend's home two weeks ago and they had another couple there. This couple asked when we were having kids.

ME: We're not - we can't.
HIM: Oh, well, we didn't think we could either but after 6 years and the doctor's being wrong, we had little Johnny. Hooray for you!
ME: It's medically impossible
HIM: That's what we were told, too, but God can perform miracles and here's our child as proof.
ME:

I had nothing to say. It's not his business that when I say medically impossible, I mean, we lack the swimmers (and it's none of your damn business). No, there aren't even a few swimmers that they can catch and put in a petrie dish to mix around with my gals. Due to an incompetent doctor (who snipped where he shouldn't have) THERE ARE NONE! Leave me the fuck alone!

I'm so happy for those that can, but I have to admit, there are times that I'm jealous. There are times that I wish it were me (even with the morning sickness - sometimes I'm glad it's not me, too). There are times I've asked WHY can't it be me. Maybe because of everything I've been through with my family, grandfather, past, yada yada yada; maybe it's a good thing I can't. I won't be able to pass any of that crap on to an innocent. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't have wanted to love a child and have one of my own.

For those of you that are pregnant or have just had a child, I'm so happy for you and excited for you and love sharing this experience with you; but there will be times that even though I will read your blog, I may not be able to comment on some of them. Sometimes I just don't know what to say, sometimes I get overwhelmed with emotion, sometimes I just can't; besides it's YOUR blog. It's not about me. I'm okay with that. I LOVE that y'all are able to have children and are sharing them with the rest of us. I feel close to them and to you. I have no problem with that. It's the people that won't shut up about "God can do miracles" "You need to have faith". No, Fucker! I need to have swimmers! Leave me alone!

Sorry, I've been fuming about that for two weeks and unable to put it into words without crying or getting pissed until today. Happy Hump Day!!! I feel better now.

I forgot to mention...H got us tickets to see Wicked in Chicago in August. WooHoo! This was a GREAT book. I'll read this again. I can't wait to see the musical.

Until later...
k

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand how you'd feel about people asking when you're going to have kids, I already have one and people keep asking when we're going to have more!
I'm sorry but I don't have that uncontrollable urge to populate the planet on my own, thank you very much!

I guess there are many people that think only having one is cruel to the child, whatever, both my parents were only children and they said they didn't mind it, so there!

Some people are so nosy anyway, fuck 'em!

Have a great day, hope you don't have to actually work all those hours today, holy!!

Manda Girl said...

I can somewhat identify with what you are saying. We chose to not have kids and it really bothers me when people say "oh, your young, you'll have some" Ummmm.... no. Making this decision hasn't been easy - there are always times when we will wonder if it was the right path to go - but it's our decision to make - not theirs. People assume that your situation will always be what they went through and that's what is so aggrevating about it.

Hang tight - the weekend is almost here!!

Nevis said...

Oh, I've never seen the musical, but I loved the book, "Wicked" and I want to see the Musical.....

mama biscuit said...

I feel every bit of your pain sweety, that's been my life for the past 8 years. I also know how hard it is when everyone around you is having babies, you feel so happy for them but it still hurts like hell.

Hugs