Monday, June 30, 2008

My Current and Most Recent Reading List

The following books I have read this month:
1. The Traveller by John Twelve Hawks
Great book about "The Vast Machine" and how a group of "Brethren" also known as the "Tabula" want to take over the world by making everyone afraid of terrorism. They want everyone to believe they are always being watched so they will continue to believe they are always watched. With this, they really don't have to be watched to be under the Tabula's control (panopticon - one guard for 100 prisoners). VERY interesting read. This book also has "Travellers" which have the ability to travel (the light in their bodies) from one realm to another. Travellers are protected by "Harlequin's". This is the first book in a trilogy. I'm also reading the second book at this moment. A MUST read.
2. No Choice But Seduction by Johanna Lindsey
She's always been one of my favorite authors. I have every single book of hers that I've read and I've read them multiple times. All of her books make me laugh out loud, cry, and chuckle.
3. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
Another one of my favorite authors. I also have every book of hers I've ever read. She makes me laugh out loud and snort. Stephanie's torn between two men and has a grandmother that carries a gun in her purse (to the chagrin of her daughter - Stephanie's mom). Grandma shot a turkey while it was on the dinner table (Thanksgiving Dinner). Cracks me up.
4. Janeology by Karen Harrington
Great read! Asks the age old question about Nature vs. Nurture. In this story, a mom has drowned her little boy. Don't worry...the story does not go into a lot of detail about this part. The book is mostly about delving into Jane's past and finding out why she is the way she is and why she cracked. Nature vs. Nurture is the defense that the attorney representing Jane's husband is using because he is on trial for being partially responsible for the murder even though he was no where near the murder or had any clue that she was going to crack the way she did.

The books currently on my reading list (and these are only a few) are as follows:
1. The Dark River by John Twelve Hawks (book 2 of the trilogy)
2. Pandora's Daughter by Iris Johansen
3. Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor by Max Allan Collins
4. The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
5. Scavenger by David Morrell
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
7. The Lost Constitution by William Martin

These are the books I am working on now and will be reading in the next month. I have MANY others like Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. So, yeah, I may read romance novels by Johanna Lindsey, Nora Roberts, and Janet Evanovich; but I am interested in so many other subjects as well and have no problem stretching my horizons and learning new things. I LOVE to learn. I don't even care what the subject is, I just love learning.

So, those are the books on my recent and current reading lists. What are you reading? Have you read any of these?

Until later...
k

No comments: