Thursday, May 11, 2006

Things I Don't Understand

  1. How can a college have a graduation without playing Pomp and Circumstance? I went to a graduation at my college last Saturday (my cousin’s wife was graduating) and they didn’t even play the graduation song. How can that happen? I’ve been waiting for years to walk down the aisle to that song (I was the only graduate in my class, and my school didn’t want their first graduating class to be one person so I didn’t get to walk and get my diploma – I got mine in the principal’s office a year later with only my parents and my brother there. What a let down!). Now after almost 20 years, I may not get to walk down the aisle hearing Pomp and Circumstance after all? WTF!!
  2. Why can’t grown women flush the toilet or wipe the seat when they’re done. They realize that’s gross, don’t they? I mean, my gosh. They’re over 8 years old. Don’t parents teach their kids to flush the toilet when they’re done?
  3. How can a person that isn’t a citizen of a country demand rights from that country? I don’t mind having “illegals” in our country. I understand them wanting to better the lives of their family members back home. I do think they should only be allowed to work in our country for 5 years without having to pay taxes. I also think if they are planning to stay longer than 5 years, they need to apply for American citizenship. With citizenship come the rights all Americans enjoy. Without being a citizen, a person does not deserve the rights of that country. If an American were to travel to another country, we are not guaranteed the rights the citizens of that country enjoy. We have to obey the laws of that country just as those visiting our country should have to obey the laws of America. Just being here does not entitle a person to the same rights as our citizens.

No comments: